What's new

Dovpo suicide x with ether rba resistance jump

fryhole

Hi everyone, I don't think I have posted in here before, but I have having an issue.

So my set up is this; Dovpo suicide x with ether rba and 21700 battery config.

The issue I have is that my coils resistance is reading .38 ohms and it seems to be jumping from .38 up to .53.
originally tried the drip tip that cane with the ether but I found that the jump was even more, so I switched back to the original drip tip as it appeared that it was better for securing and it seemed the drip tip affected the read of the coil.

I have made sure the coil was secure in the rba itself and using the original drip tip secure the resistance better that the alternative drip tips provided with the ether rba but I do seem to be getting jumps between .38 (which is the read of the coil) to .53, I them either tighten the drip tip or unscrew then re-screw it to get it back to .38

If anyone else is having this issue or can advise, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome back @fryhole
your first and last post was back in 2015 so good to see you back.

maybe @dovpo_uk can help with this question.

Hi everyone, I don't think I have posted in here before, but I have having an issue.

The issue I have is that my coils resistance is reading .38 ohms and it seems to be jumping from .38 up to .53.
originally tried the drip tip that cane with the ether but I found that the jump was even more, so I switched back to the original drip tip as it appeared that it was better for securing and it seemed the drip tip affected the read of the coil.

I have made sure the coil was secure in the rba itself and using the original drip tip secure the resistance better that the alternative drip tips provided with the ether rba but I do seem to be getting jumps between .38 (which is the read of the coil) to .53, I them either tighten the drip tip or unscrew then re-screw it to get it back to .38

If anyone else is having this issue or can advise, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
It seems like your leads or your coil are shorting on either the chimney or the deck, the added pressure from the drip tip Knut can make this happen with rbas quite easily.
My advise strip it down check the coil, the leads and then see where you are from there.

Thank you.
Yep, I’ve seen that. It’s not unknown for the Abyss to be flaky on ohm readings. Though I’ve found just nipping up the drip tip, a little bit more, gave me a stable reading.
Unfortunately the drip tip that came with my Abyss Ether, is incorrectly threaded. So I’ve never has chance to see if that’s the same. But the extra Drip tip pack, item, works the same as the standard tip does.

one thing occurs to me. Check the o-ring, between the deck and the chimney. It’s possible to put the chimney on, with this o-ring trapped. Just make sure it’s on square.

I’d advise wiping any condensation, or juice, from the RBAs’ and the Abyss positive connections. Check the Ether positive pin is tight. Then install the tank. Check the ohm reading as you screw in the tip. If it jumps, unscrew and then retighten.

you’ll find owning an Abyss, takes a bit work than most Boros. It’d be fair to say it’s flawed in many aspects. But, with care, it’s a decent mod.

you’ll find owning an Abyss, takes a bit work than most Boros. It’d be fair to say it’s flawed in many aspects. But, with care, it’s a decent mod.

And if in doubt use it as an sbs mod.

My red one has a permanent juggernaut MR build, I don't use it often but it works better than it ever did with an ether build

Back
Top Bottom