What's new

Nicotine is not addictive?

@zouzounaki

Did I tell you while back I got my bottles mixed up and spent about 2-3 days vaping shortfills with no nic in?

even though I didn't know...... I noticed it and knew something was a miss but I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't figure out if I just hated the taste, or what was going on. 🤣

@zouzounaki

Did I tell you while back I got my bottles mixed up and spent about 2-3 days vaping shortfills with no nic in?

even though I didn't know...... I noticed it and knew something was a miss but I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't figure out if I just hated the taste, or what was going on. 🤣

i tried it once and it was like puffing flavoured air. no use at all!

i tried it once and it was like puffing flavoured air. no use at all!

Yeah, I kept thinking the battery was dead or my fire button was jacked up.... too funny.

I think I might up my nic to 18mg or maybe more and try and cut down on the habitual vaping.

i might do the same. early in the pandemic i reduced my nic to 9mg very briefly, thinking it would help cut down the actual nic since i was puffing more. but i think it had the opposite effect. puffed even more, had to up it again and i don’t think i reduced the use as much as i planned.

Based on personal experience my opinion is that combustible tobacco is more addictive than nicotine alone, but nicotine is still addictive.

I started vaping to reduce the amount I was smoking rather than to actually quit. Over the first month I gradually reduced from 20 to about 5 smokes a day and was vaping between cigs, gradually extending the time between smokes. During this time I struggled, particularly in the first week. Although I was getting my regular nicotine fix I was missing something and experienced the usual cravings and general irritation that I would experience if I had tried to go cold turkey - not as bad by any means, but I still struggled.

Based on no evidence whatsoever I believe the combination of all the other chemicals and tar given off when you burn tobacco can also be addictive - possibly mentally addictive rather than an actual physical addiction, but I definitely struggled and was missing something when I tried to substitute smokes with a vape. When I smoked packet cigs I'd generally go for high tar brands - if I tried something like cadging a Lambert and Butler off a mate I'd feel like I wanted another smoke immediately as it didn't have the high tar I craved, this could be a mental thing but if I tried changing to a low tar brand I'd just end up smoking a lot more

It was over a month after I started to vape occasionally that I realised I'd forgotten to have a smoke and had been vaping after a meal that I decided not to buy any more tobacco - I went through the usual occasional cravings, but they were pretty mild compared to my first week. By that time I was accustomed to getting much less tar, which I think made the vape a more viable alternative but just my opinion and I could easily be talking shit. But there's no way I'm buying this 'Doctor's' claims that nicotine isn't addictive - I can manage for a few hours without a vape, or longer if I'm busy, but that's about my limit.

The way i found to reduce my nicotine the most successful was to simply only take one puff every time i pick up the mod instead of several.

Then i started to pick the thing up less and less to hardly at all without trying too hard.

It takes some getting used to and you will take 3 or so puffs on auto pilot at 1st. :)

The way i found to reduce my nicotine the most successful was to simply only take one puff every time i pick up the mod instead of several.

Then i started to pick the thing up less and less to hardly at all without trying too hard.

It takes some getting used to and you will take 3 or so puffs on auto pilot at 1st. :)

think i would struggle with this. i pick it up and have about five long chain puffs.

think i would struggle with this. i pick it up and have about five long chain puffs.
The 1st few days its a struggle to remember you are only having one pull instead of several but like most things time is all it takes.

All the best however you try and cut back a little.

I still vape like I'm having a fag, 10-12 puffs .... which is fine and if I didn't do that I think I'd vape even more, it would literally be continuous.

I don't really care about the nicotine, I just want to cut that back down to say 6 times in the morning like I used to be rather than 6 times an hour.

I still vape like I'm having a fag, 10-12 puffs .... which is fine and if I didn't do that I think I'd vape even more, it would literally be continuous.

I don't really care about the nicotine, I just want to cut that back down to say 6 times in the morning like I used to be rather than 6 times an hour.

Im not bothered either by whatever my daily nicotine consumption is..... I doubt any of us really truly know

Back
Top Bottom