What's new

Nicotine is not addictive?

Hi all, just watched a vid on Rumble. On it was Dr Ardis, who stated that nicotine is NOT addictive, it's the other stuff in the stinkies that makes them addictive. Here's the link to his vid on Rumble.
Dr Ardis is completely hatstand.

It should also be noted that while he carries the title DR - hes actually a chiropractor - a bone wangler - not that that in itself is a problem.

Not sure it gives him the knowledge on Nicotine though- or covid19 and snake venom.

and so what if it is

salt is addictive, water is addictive, energy drinks, sex, sport, parachuting, boxing, snus, fags, crack, glue, gardening, in fact you can become addicted to anything even posting on a forum, it's all down to the harm, does nicotine cause a lot of deaths compared to the ones above ....no not really but its connection to cigarettes "oh my god lock up your daughter the kids are gonna die"

I'm addicted to nicotine and work do I think they cause harm well no, my wife may disagree but without work, the bills don't get paid.

Last edited:
I did hear somewhere that vaping is less addictive than smoking, owing to the lack of all the other crud. But I've never really looked into it. As a wise soul said above; addiction is complicated.

I think the additives in fags were worse. I find it easy to vape nic free juice, and never really got any withdrawals. I just missed the throat hit from it.

i def think nicotine is less addictive when you vape it instead of smoking it. but it’s still addictive.

it seems dr ardis also says we should drink our own urine. maybe it makes nic less addictive :)

I think there is some truth to this 'idea' but like I said before I think addiction is complicated.

There have been clincal trials where people have been in hospital for weeks and given fairly high doses of nicotine daily during trials into nicotine and parkinsons and other illnesses.. how nicotine effects people and recently the covid and nicotine trials. etc etc

.. and in none of these trials (as far as I'm aware) did anybody show signs of withdrawal or any sign of addiction afterwards.

That could mean that it takes years of daily consumption to become addicted to nicotine, which most of us have had.... because it might actually alter the chemicals in our brain over time or whatever. ... or maybe the way we consume it makes all the difference, who knows? It could mean many things.

It probably isn't as addictive as we think it is though. It might even be comparable to tea and coffee. ... and most people aren't worrying about kids drinking that.

I think there is some truth to this 'idea' but like I said before I think addiction is complicated.

There have been clincal trials where people have been in hospital for weeks and given fairly high doses of nicotine daily during trials into nicotine and parkinsons and other illnesses.. how nicotine effects people and recently the covid and nicotine trials. etc etc

.. and in none of these trials (as far as I'm aware) did anybody show signs of withdrawal or any sign of addiction afterwards.

That could mean that it takes years of daily consumption to become addicted to nicotine, which most of us have had.... because it might actually alter the chemicals in our brain over time or whatever. ... or maybe the way we consume it makes all the difference, who knows? It could mean many things.

It probably isn't as addictive as we think it is though. It might even be comparable to tea and coffee. ... and most people aren't worrying about kids drinking that.

the same thing is true for a lot of folk who have strong opiates in hospital after serious accidents and suchlike.

i remember during the american crack epidemic in the 80s they had us thinking people smoked it once and the next day were out selling their false teeth to buy more. but the truth is many people use addictive drugs recreationally and don’t become addicted, while some do.

there are definitely emotional and social factors to addiction.

i think i am more addicted to nic than i was in the first couple of years after i quit fags and started vaping. i seem to vape more now and am more bothered than i used to be if i don’t have access to it.

i think the pandemic is to blame, too used to working from home and puffing the thing constantly.

i think i am more addicted to nic than i was in the first couple of years after i quit fags and started vaping. i seem to vape more now and am more bothered than i used to be if i don’t have access to it.

i think the pandemic is to blame, too used to working from home and puffing the thing constantly.

Me too... exactly the same.. a 5ml OG Nautilus tank used to last me from morning 'till night.

Now it feels like I'm pretty much filling my corolla every hour. 😂

I definitely need to try and start cutting back a bit, it's almost getting to that point where I'm not even enjoying it any more and just vaping out of habit.... like how smoking got.

Back
Top Bottom