What's new

operation prepare your anus.

I honestly think your goig to find 22mm chamber size restrictive, I'm struggling at 170 true watts. Not with heat, but you need to drip twelve drops to get three wet pulls. Now you need to drip twelve drops, then let it soak into the wicks or you get hot liquid on your tongue (you get used to this) you also can't chain vape for two reasons.
1. The top cap gets red hot after six pulls
2. As I said. You have to let the liquid soak in.

I'm starting to think 4mm coils aren't wide enough to wick fast enough for 170watts, I can get a dry hit by doing those three pulls too fast, and the wicks are still wet outside the coils.

I really do think a 30mm atty is necessary to push 200watts both in coil/wick configuration and capacity to make it worthwhile. And my honest plan is to build a squonker and modify a 30mm atty for bottom feeding, at least that way I can top up thr wicks between pulls :)

Buy yourself the Mutation XL Sam, plenty airflow and space for lots of wire. I'm presently rocking 15 wraps of 0.4 mm at just over 1 ohms on mine and it has FINALLY decided to play the game, and blowing clouds of tasty vapour. :D
Where did you get yours chegs? I'm after a 22 and 30mm dripper.
Preferably not a clone of possible. Cheers

Where did you get yours chegs? I'm after a 22 and 30mm dripper.
Preferably not a clone of possible. Cheers

Daughter bought it from modsandatties.com as a xmyth present. It is a pretty poor effort of construction, as the air holes are positioned so that the only way to get it to work well is to mount the coils on very long legs which then leads to issues wicking as the wick has to lift the juice almost 1cm. The posts are fractionally to tall for the screws as I've had to swap the screws over from other attys to get them to actually trap the 0.35 mm wire, or add little pieces of 0.5 mm as well as the 0.35 mm. I was using 0.4 mm but the long legs needed slowed ramp up time drastically. I'll be drilling new holes sometime soon so I won't need mount the coils so high. I'll try to get the holes in line with the present set of 9, so the airflow control still works as it should. It doesn't need more air, just change the hole positioning lower.

A better quality device would probably be a better performer unmodified, but I don't know where to go buy one.

Well you need to be getting a shift on Raguri to avoid becoming "retro", big coils, high resistance, higher volts are "the future" and I predict that within a year, folks will forget what watts were. Bearing in mind that if I was to predict rain tomorrow, it would be glorious sunshine! :D :D :D

Last edited:
Daughter bought it from modsandatties.com as a xmyth present. It is a pretty poor effort of construction, as the air holes are positioned so that the only way to get it to work well is to mount the coils on very long legs which then leads to issues wicking as the wick has to lift the juice almost 1cm. The posts are fractionally to tall for the screws as I've had to swap the screws over from other attys to get them to actually trap the 0.35 mm wire, or add little pieces of 0.5 mm as well as the 0.35 mm. I was using 0.4 mm but the long legs needed slowed ramp up time drastically. I'll be drilling new holes sometime soon so I won't need mount the coils so high. I'll try to get the holes in line with the present set of 9, so the airflow control still works as it should. It doesn't need more air, just change the hole positioning lower.

A better quality device would probably be a better performer unmodified, but I don't know where to go buy one.
Thanks fella. I'll look for something else in that case.

Well you need to be getting a shift on Raguri to avoid becoming "retro", big coils, high resistance, higher volts are "the future" and I predict that within a year, folks will forget what watts were. Bearing in mind that if I was to predict rain tomorrow, it would be glorious sunshine! :D :D :D
I think you're right. I just had a go on a mech with a .4 coil and it was wimpy.

I don't even want to put that into google!
With the current 0.08 build, its working fine... but, I'm not even pushing the airflow yet...

I miss my mephisto.
Already melted the mx insulator... it's soldiering on though bless it.. just..

I still say you need something with ceramic insulators, and asbestos tonsils...:P

I don't even want to put that into google!
With the current 0.08 build, its working fine... but, I'm not even pushing the airflow yet...

I miss my mephisto.
Already melted the mx insulator... it's soldiering on though bless it.. just..

But failing those I'm sure I saw a dripper the other day that comes with a 510 adaptor that has cooling fins like the Vulcan or Tobh, it unscrews to so you could stick it under any atty to help keep it cool...

Aeolus RDA (Brass) By Syntheticloud - P-Vaper - Home Of Penguin & Ruthless E-Juice UK - Electronic Cig, E-Liquid Mods & Vaporizers

Last edited:
But failing those I'm sure I saw a dripper the other day that comes with a 510 adaptor that has cooling fins like the Vulcan or Tobh, it unscrews to so you could stick it under any atty to help keep it cool...

Aeolus RDA (Brass) By Syntheticloud - P-Vaper - Home Of Penguin & Ruthless E-Juice UK - Electronic Cig, E-Liquid Mods & Vaporizers[/QUOTE

Oooh, but would be expensive just fot a heatsink... miiight try and cut out a piece of rubber. Ordering the mx v2 tomorrow from ft to see if that holds up any Better... may as well as in.ordering the brothers gift there!

Back
Top Bottom