What's new

Paps G4

bullgog

Postman
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
mine can't run a .5 Clapton, massive resistance at the button, gets very hot, doesn't fire sometimes so I have to work the button, very temperamental and need to sand and clean the brass screw every other charge......., anyone else run this low, which is not that low for today's standards? or do I need a whole new button, can't see what's wrong?

Anyone have an e-mail address as all I can see one , Twitter Facebook etc on thier website, all of which I don't do...

Burnt needing cleaning/sanding again brass screw pictured, it's also now becoming pitted.....

Last edited:
I run mine at 0.4-0.5 OK, get in touch with VapourArt, they are really helpful.

Thanks guys, used thier contact section and now chatting with Perseas, prompt reply and yes very helpfull.....

"A common mistake people do when they take apart the switch (even Scott did it as you can be see the deformed screw in the video), is to use non proper screwdrivers, usually smaller ones to open the negative post. This results in deforming of the slot’s lips, they become slightly raised up, resulting to micro arks due to point contact with the battery ’s bottom and the momentary released heat gives a hot button.
The solution is to take a flat surface like a glass and put on it a very fine grit paper, around 1000-1500 and thenn to smooth the screw’s head with very smooth circular movements, just like petting the head not rubbing it. The silver plated brass screw is a soft alloy and it doesn’t need much to become flat again. In case you overdo it and peel off the silver coating, no worries, the target is to make the surface smooth and flat."

I most likely did do the above and made the situation worse but my question now is I only took apart because of the problem so a few spare brass screws would give me peace of mind, maybe mine had a very slight "raise" to start with...?

Anyway helpfull information above for G4 owners...

Update...

Perseas Has gave me a link to the silver plated screws so have ordered two for peace of mind..

Thanks again...

Arcing, thanks for the info.
VapourArt are great.
The silver contacts are worth the upgrade.

Arcing, thanks for the info.
VapourArt are great.
The silver contacts are worth the upgrade.

Yes you got it with the arcing and also now agree with the silver contacts being a worthy upgrade.....found my spare brass and now all working fine and I'm happy again, great tube.......yesterday I could of started a clone war....... Ha ha.

Service, speed and detail of replies second to none....

@bullgog that small rice pin shouldn't come out of the button, its a manufacuring fault thats happened on a couple of v4's I've seen. It causes the button not to push down and sometimes causes autofiring. You need s new button, speak to CS on Vapourart again and you should get a replacement sent out pretty quickly

@bullgog that small rice pin shouldn't come out of the button, its a manufacuring fault thats happened on a couple of v4's I've seen. It causes the button not to push down and sometimes causes autofiring. You need s new button, speak to CS on Vapourart again and you should get a replacement sent out pretty quickly

Thank you, it falls straight out as soon as I remove button, I'm now thinking my button is maybe not aligned, I will send another email.

Edit...if you look at the screw it's burning more to one side...?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom