What's new

Paypal & all those affected so far

this is a weard one. i had them on the list then removed them when someone said they had used paypal. then i saw a post from them saying paypal is fine as long as it is not used for vape items so put them back on the list.
only time will tell. hope payment goes through for you mate.
It's done gone through and recieved order confirmed email.

Ours gone too and not looking good for an alternative either!

We was 90% approved for NoChex, paid their £100 set up fee which I manged to get down from £150 and then was waiting on the banks final decision before getting a call today today to say that we would also now be required to pay a $500 annual fee to MasterCard to take payments for vaping items and also that from next year VISA will also be bringing in this charge, so I did not fancy having to lay out the best part of £800 a year just to line their pockets. So I'd check with whatever merchant your going with if they will require those extra fees. Nochex even tried to withhold the £100 setup fee from me when I said I didn't want to continue, but they have since refunded it after I made a complaint.

Ours gone too and not looking good for an alternative either!

We was 90% approved for NoChex, paid their £100 set up fee which I manged to get down from £150 and then was waiting on the banks final decision before getting a call today today to say that we would also now be required to pay a $500 annual fee to MasterCard to take payments for vaping items and also that from next year VISA will also be bringing in this charge, so I did not fancy having to lay out the best part of £800 a year just to line their pockets. So I'd check with whatever merchant your going with if they will require those extra fees. Nochex even tried to withhold the £100 setup fee from me when I said I didn't want to continue, but they have since refunded it after I made a complaint.

this is not down to Nochex its visa and MasterCard this is industry-wide Worldpay have informed me today also that the payment is required vaping is seen as high risk the same as booze and tobacco along with any other area that's classed as high risk, I'm afraid for too long now anyone can make juice or alike set up a website and sell to anyone with no compliance no checks on age only now visa/mastercard are shutting the door if you don't follow the rules they have put in place whoever you use, be it bottlepay arsepay or alike you will have to pay the fees to accept card payments in the end.

I’m not sure what all the fuss is about tbh, there is a lot of whinging going on over on Facebook and Reddit etc by vendors. Visa and MasterCard do charge a $1000 per year fee for high risk payments, but add the transaction fees up, divide the $1k by 12 months and then add on your gateway monthly fees.

Then check your previous years accounts how much you paid in PayPal fees for the year. Divide that by 12 months and you’ll see what I mean. I guess you do have to have a bit of sales volume to make it pay off, but I wouldn’t consider us to be high volume and we are better off by loads, to the tune of almost 4K a year saved in fees compared to PayPal.

Judging by the Black Friday weekend of sales and a fair few customers I’ve spoken with over the week I don’t think they seem to be bothered about having to use a card instead either.

Blessing in disguise if you ask me :)

Just to emphasise just how much those 20 pence plus transaction fees, 30p there and 10p there, the little amounts you don’t notice with PayPal....

Checked my accounts to work out how much more expensive it was going to be with the visa fees etc. And almost had a fucking heart attack [emoji23]

It’s true! Vendors, check your accounts for what you’re paying in PP fees for the previous year before ruling out worldpay or another gateway based on the scary sounding $1k fee.

I hope this helps some :)

IMG_3049.jpg

I’m not sure what all the fuss is about tbh, there is a lot of whinging going on over on Facebook and Reddit etc by vendors. Visa and MasterCard do charge a $1000 per year fee for high risk payments, but add the transaction fees up, divide the $1k by 12 months and then add on your gateway monthly fees.

Then check your previous years accounts how much you paid in PayPal fees for the year. Divide that by 12 months and you’ll see what I mean. I guess you do have to have a bit of sales volume to make it pay off, but I wouldn’t consider us to be high volume and we are better off by loads, to the tune of almost 4K a year saved in fees compared to PayPal.

Judging by the Black Friday weekend of sales and a fair few customers I’ve spoken with over the week I don’t think they seem to be bothered about having to use a card instead either.

Blessing in disguise if you ask me :)
it doesn't worry you, @Lee , that PayPal might be just the first domino to fall?

If this chain does start with the credit card and credit companies, and moves up the chain through credit processors onto the gateways, then isn't it just a matter of time before all the vape merchants get blocked, whatever gateway they use?

it doesn't worry you, @Lee , that PayPal might be just the first domino to fall?

If this chain does start with the credit card and credit companies, and moves up the chain through credit processors onto the gateways, then isn't it just a matter of time before all the vape merchants get blocked, whatever gateway they use?

I understand the concern but based on the fact you can buy literally anything (legal) with visa and MasterCard I would suggest there is no cause for concern.

You can buy cigarettes online with visa and MasterCard and it is my understanding that so long as it’s not illegal goods, visa and MasterCard will process the payments. They do of course risk assess your industry and apply the high risk fees for such goods.

Based on that, I would say the industry is fine with visa and MasterCard.

Rainbow vapes and creme de vape, peice of piss with debit card.
problem with debit cards is as far as i know you have no protection if a package is lost in transit. credit cards have some protection but not everyone has credit cards.

Just bought something from EcigaretteDirect using PayPal, no problems so far... but worried now :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom