What's new

Perfect 500ml mixing bottles

MarylinC37

Achiever
I thought I'd post about these bottles as ones like these were so difficult to find and I thought some of you might find it helpful to know about them.

The larger 500 ml size along with the larger 19mm neck opening make them very easy to decant larger batches of liquid and yet the drip tip is just 3.6 mm diametre and is small enough to easily fit the fill port in my Pulse v3 squonk bottles. The I.D. of the drip tip is only about 1 mm so you can also fill it with concentrates and acurately add exactly the right amount into a recipe if you are using scales to weigh the concentrates you want to add to a recipe. The are also the softer LDPE plastic which are much easier to squeeze.

They are not cheap at nearly £17 for 5 bottles but the larger 500 ml size and the dimensions of the neck and drip tip I felt made them absolutely ideal and therefore worth the money.

I spotted them on Amazon so if anyone else is interested here is a link to find them and also a couple of pictures which also include a couple of my own measurements to give you a more accurate idea regarding the sizes.

500 ml fine tipped mixing bottles

Bottles01.jpg
Bottles02.jpg

Last edited:
I use the 100ml and 250ml from iBottle, very similar but HDPE so less weepy.
Probably slightly cheaper when you include postage, but they do have a 1l option and a choice of caps. The neck sizes go up with the bottle size but they do those captive caps right up to 28mm, although I guess the opening with be proportionately larger which is why i kept to the smaller ones

I use the 100ml and 250ml from iBottle, very similar but HDPE so less weepy.
Probably slightly cheaper when you include postage, but they do have a 1l option and a choice of caps. The neck sizes go up with the bottle size but they do those captive caps right up to 28mm, although I guess the opening with be proportionately larger which is why i kept to the smaller ones

I've seen those before but they don't have the same super slim drip tip and also being HDPE they are a very hard plastic which is far less squeezable.

yeah fair enough. I swapped all my LDPE for HDPE (and a few PET) bottles because I was sick of always getting sticky hands from handling them, but its a trade off for squeezableness

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom