What's new

Plea for DIY threads to include info about ingredients used

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
I know a lot of people diy eliquid on here, discuss recipes etc but can it become some type of rule to state whether any ingredients used contain any of the additives that are not advisable to have in them such as AP (acetyl propionyl) Acetoin, Diacetyl etc, whether or not you choose to vape these is up to you obviously, which is all well and good if you're informed and made the decision yourself, but recommending DIY to new vapers and not giving them all the relevent information is wrong

@OccultScientist @junglist @ZT

I know a lot of people diy eliquid on here, discuss recipes etc but can it become some type of rule to state whether any ingredients used contain any of the additives that are not advisable to have in them such as AP (acetyl propionyl) Acetoin, Diacetyl etc, whether or not you choose to vape these is up to you obviously, which is all well and good if you're informed and made the decision yourself, but recommending DIY to new vapers and not giving them all the relevent information is wrong

@OccultScientist @junglist @ZT

Doubt it....... it's very nature is DIY, bathtub brew recipes that are out there n the like...... are you going to include shortfills in your recommendation?

Doubt it....... it's very nature is DIY, bathtub brew recipes that are out there n the like...... are you going to include shortfills in your recommendation?

I would expect shortfills to not contain any of the flavours that have them in
Don't you think new vapers should be aware when they are given recipes to try?

edit ; it's not a slight against using them and or choosing to vape, just to have the info

I would expect shortfills to not contain any of the flavours that have them in
Don't you think new vapers should be aware when they are given recipes to try?

You would expect....but not demand as a rule, interesting.....how about I got all my stuff from Chefs gov, they are legit

You would expect....but not demand as a rule, interesting.....how about I got all my stuff from Chefs gov, they are legit

kind of different when the recipes aren't disclosed isnt it, you're trusting that manufacturer to abide by the law
just a simple , this contains for example FA custard premium (contains acetoin & diacetyl ) for anyone who doesnt know or is recommended to try it

kind of different when the recipes aren't disclosed isnt it, you're trusting that manufacturer to abide by the law
just a simple , this contains for example FA custard premium (contains acetoin & diacetyl ) for anyone who doesnt know or is recommended to try it

A DIY law...ffs man... just when I thought I had heard it aw:)........you want more laws

A DIY law...ffs man... just when I thought I had heard it aw:)........you want more laws

not a DIY law no, just a simple rule for the forum, those ingredients are banned for use in eliquid though, so suggesting someone use it, they should be aware

and about your chefs quip, sure some of there flavours will contain them, as they arent the manufacturer

The data safety sheets are available for anyone to download and look at. I have dozens downloaded.

I think if someone is that concerned, they can look it up for themselves in less than a minute, not really down to us to spoon feed people.

The data safety sheets are available for anyone to download and look at. I have dozens downloaded.

I think if someone is that concerned, they can look it up for themselves in less than a minute, not really down to us to spoon feed people.

so if you give someone a recipe who is relatively new to vaping, should you tell them?
I would've thought you would of had a better stance on this tbh

not a DIY law no, just a simple rule for the forum, those ingredients are banned for use in eliquid though, so suggesting someone use it, they should be aware

and about your chefs quip, sure some of there flavours will contain them, as they arent the manufacturer

let's agree to disagree and move on fella:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom