What's new

The NEXT BIG POTV Charity Raffle.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Good Afternoon Ladies and Germs,
YES!! It's that time again. The time when @joe clay and myself start making requests for items to be donated for our next Raffle.:2thumbsup:
Unbelievably, we already have some items here and we have several offers of donations as well, so, it's that time to start looking around and seeing what you might have tucked away in Vape Drawers etc that would make a suitable donation to help us attempt to raise some funds for 2 causes that are very close to the hearts of a great many of us I am sure.

We are attempting to raise a nice sized donation for "MacMillan Nurses" http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/coping/getting-support/macmillan-nurses We doubt that there are many here whom have not been touched by Cancer, whether themselves, or in Family Members? I well remember the astonishing support that was offered to my Parents when my Father was diagnosed. Their never ending support meant that he was able to spend all but the final few weeks at home, something which made a tremendous difference to all of our lives. SO, hopefully we can do what POTV does best, pull together and try and raise as much money as we can to help them continue the truly inspirational work they do every day:worship:

We are also raising some funds for a cause of which I am 100% certain you WILL approve. :happy guys:
Following on from discussions with @junglist this morning, Both @joe clay and I are absolutely DELIGHTED to announce that we have been granted permission to raise funds for............ POTV.:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

This is something that I know a great many of you have been suggesting for a long time. FINALLY, we have our chance to show our appreciation to The Two Bosses who put the whole thing together. Without the work that both @OccultScientist and @junglist put in, we might never have had what I am sure most now consider to be their home forum.
We are ALL more than aware of the potential implications facing The Guys as TPD Bites? The Revenue Stream will eventually suffer with the loss of Advertising Revenue, so what we are doing, is hopefully providing some sort of buffer.
That said, the decisions about how the raised funds are to be used will lie entirely with them.

As with our last Raffle, we invite donations of items to be raffled off. We also will be in desperate need of financial donations, but more about that part in another post.

As far as the donated items go, THIS TIME, all we need are some Good Quality pictures and a BRIEF description of the item/s. Those that donate such items will be asked to retain them until such time as the Raffle is drawn, at which point we will contact you with names and addresses of Recipients.:) This will cut down on postage costs and will also reduce the need for any double handling.
For those members whom are abroad, we will discuss each case on an individual basis.;)

Right, time to start hunting through your items Guys and Gals.:)

Right. The format that we will take will be basically the same as Last Time, but with a tweak or two.

When the Raffle Opens (FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER at 10am) You will be invited to enter by purchasing a £5 Ticket . This will be counted as ONE Entry. No more silliness of donating £10 and then asking for it to be split up into £1 entries!!
You can enter as many times as you like, remembering that we are after raising some SERIOUS money for our 2 chosen causes.

However........... BEFORE the moaning and groaning starts.............. PLEASE, Read This Carefully................

When The Raffle Closes (Friday 30th September at 10pm) All names will then have the number of donations made added to them....... For example.......

Rob 3 X £5 = 3 Entries in Randomiser.

So as you can see....... A £5 Ticket = 1 Entry in Randomiser.

Once this is done, EACH entry will be awarded a number. The numbers will be then entered into the Randomiser and the Draw will then take place and be announced on Saturday Morning 1st of October at 11am.

Yes @richierrich that would be excellent.
PLEASE can we keep this on topic. I'm really not wanting Chatter in this.:12:

Just to clarify, since I was not a member during the last raffle, can it be anything vaping related? Or are there any exclusions or restrictions?

Absolutely anything Vape Related is always most welcome @solo_rolo:2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

I will have something...

Whether I have something other people will want may be a different matter...

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Yes @richierrich that would be excellent.
PLEASE can we keep this on topic. I'm really not wanting Chatter in this.:12:
Cheers Rob, I'll post the info here in the morning as per our p/m conversation a few weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom