What's new

Please recommend me a dripper

How much are you looking to spend? You haven't mentioned a budget. If you want quality then with your criteria I'd recommend the snapdragon by Eden mods. It's fantastic for flavour, can be a very tight draw if you wish it to be, isn't a cloud chaser but it can certainly be pushed when you feel like it and it has a narrow 510 drip as standard. It's a two post deck and they're bringing out a velocity deck in the coming months too which in my opinion will make it even better as it can't be a bit of a pain to build dual coils in. Expensive but I've never looked back.

hmm food for thought, £85 seems a little excessive ... but if it's that good then i'd stretch to it.

Switch to vaping my mate said ... you'll feel much healthier and save loads of money ....... wat :11: .... yes I feel healthier, but that's only because I have no money left to do all the bad things that I liked to do !! :D

hmm food for thought, £85 seems a little excessive ... but if it's that good then i'd stretch to it.

Switch to vaping my mate said ... you'll feel much healthier and save loads of money ....... wat :11: .... yes I feel healthier, but that's only because I have no money left to do all the bad things that I liked to do !! :D

Haha, we've all been there! Honestly it's the best flavour atty I've tried and it's only downside is the fact it's a pain to dual coil with the slots rather than holes. But like I said with the velocity deck it will be perfect.

Haha, we've all been there! Honestly it's the best flavour atty I've tried and it's only downside is the fact it's a pain to dual coil with the slots rather than holes. But like I said with the velocity deck it will be perfect.

Thanks Kannon, there doesn't seem to be much info on their website, but other resellers have 3 versions of the snapdragon ? have to say I do like the look of it, looks purposeful, and well finished.
I may have to wait for the velocity style deck tho, not sure i'm pro enough yet to deal with those posts !

Yeah ... I started to do a spreadsheet to work out how much I was spending versus how much i'm saving on not buying a tin of cigars a day, but gave up caring when it looked like vaping was outdoing smoking 3 fold !
It should get cheaper - i'm starting to make my own juices, and spending less on juice that i then give away cos i can't stand it !!
But i'm having fun with it so what the hell :)

Thanks for your and everyone else's input,I'm going to look up all of the suggestions and see what happens !

Cheers

DamoB

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1453246373.078912.jpg

That's the add on deck wise bud

LOL that's who i just bought my IPV4s from ! OK just having a look now.
BTW I've seen a couple of clones that a mate had, was not impressed with the finishing quality, I am more willing to pay for an original if there still available ?

I've seen some rough ones too - also the v2 is a bit shit...

Thanks Kannon, there doesn't seem to be much info on their website, but other resellers have 3 versions of the snapdragon ? have to say I do like the look of it, looks purposeful, and well finished.
I may have to wait for the velocity style deck tho, not sure i'm pro enough yet to deal with those posts !

Yeah ... I started to do a spreadsheet to work out how much I was spending versus how much i'm saving on not buying a tin of cigars a day, but gave up caring when it looked like vaping was outdoing smoking 3 fold !
It should get cheaper - i'm starting to make my own juices, and spending less on juice that i then give away cos i can't stand it !!
But i'm having fun with it so what the hell :)

Thanks for your and everyone else's input,I'm going to look up all of the suggestions and see what happens !

Cheers

DamoB

There's only 2 versions. The original snapdragon and the snapdragon v1.5 which came out about 2 months ago. That's the one I have and is the one you'll want provided you want to upgrade to the velocity posts. The third version you may be seeing could be the cloudcap? It's purely a different cap with extra air slots and a wide bore drip so not for you going by your criteria.

kannon .... how easy or difficult as the case may be, is it to build dual coils on the Snapdragon ?
From what I can visually tell, it may be a fiddle if you have to hold both coils in place, then tighten the snub screws ?
Or do they "click in to place" ?
You've definitely got me interested in the SD .. Thanks ... I think :)
DamoB

kannon .... how easy or difficult as the case may be, is it to build dual coils on the Snapdragon ?
From what I can visually tell, it may be a fiddle if you have to hold both coils in place, then tighten the snub screws ?
Or do they "click in to place" ?
You've definitely got me interested in the SD .. Thanks ... I think :)
DamoB

Sorry, hadn't seen this. It can be fiddly until you get used to it. It's fine now but at first it pissed me right off! The easiest way is to make both coils on one wire. That way you only really have the one post to worry about. The issue is when there are 2 coil legs the outside leg tends to get pushed out the side of the post slot by the grub screw. I tend to get the coil in place and pinch the 2 legs into the slot with a screwdriver and then tighten the grub. The other side is easy as of course it's a single leg and it has nowhere to go. If you do use 2 separate coils then I suggest putting one coil in and tightening the grub screws. Then slight loosen one grub and push the other coil leg under the screw before retightening, then repeat for the other side. It's one of those things you just need to do to get used to.

Hi Kannon, thanks for the reply.

Yeah sounds like a bit of a fiddle, I've looked at a few youtubs of building on the SD, none with your method (you're a trailblazer !) must be a bit tricky getting the gap right between one set of winds and the next tho !
What setup coils wise do you run ? ... I generally run my Goblins and Sapor with 2.5 ID 26 Gauge with 6 wraps, BUT I want to try Titanium temp control soon, but that'll be another forum question !

I have to say i'm still not put off the SD even with the fiddly posts :) just still trying to justify a RDA that's more expensive than my current box mod and atty put together :11:

Cheers
DamoB

Hi Kannon, thanks for the reply.

Yeah sounds like a bit of a fiddle, I've looked at a few youtubs of building on the SD, none with your method (you're a trailblazer !) must be a bit tricky getting the gap right between one set of winds and the next tho !
What setup coils wise do you run ? ... I generally run my Goblins and Sapor with 2.5 ID 26 Gauge with 6 wraps, BUT I want to try Titanium temp control soon, but that'll be another forum question !

I have to say i'm still not put off the SD even with the fiddly posts :) just still trying to justify a RDA that's more expensive than my current box mod and atty put together :11:

Cheers
DamoB

It's not too difficult once you get used to it. You wrap the first coil, say 6 wraps and when wrapping the second on the same wire you start out with more wire than you need, a nice large gap to the first wire. Then you wrap down until the gap is good, it may take 7.5, 8 or 9 wraps but then you just pull the left over wire away to unravel a couple of wraps until you have 6 that side too with the perfect amount of gap. I hope that makes sense? I tend to build at around 0.2-0.25ohms. 24awg on a 2mm diameter, it's about 5 wraps.

Back
Top Bottom