What's new

Poll: Domestic Covid Passports, yes or no?

Domestic covid passports; yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Banana

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
If we do have to show proof of vaccination to go to pubs,cinemas or whatever, It looks like it is likely to be a phone app.
I will therefor be excluded, Not because of my vaccine status but because I do not have a smartphone.

I am not complaining though, it is just my tough luck. I am more concerned that businesses have customers and their workers have jobs than I care about who the customers are. Perhaps those without a vaccine passport will be allowed to sit in beer gardens. I believe that is what Israel does.

@ObiWanVaponi I thought that policing your customers was always always part of having a pub licence. Are you old enough? Are you too drunk? etc

I think vaccine passports should be made available (but not compulsory) to those who wish to have one, and it should be the owners of private businesses who decide if they require customers to display one to enter.

No.
It discrimination on lots of levels.
Religion for example.
Some religions don't allow vaccination.

Also seems like a stealth way to bring in ID cards

No.
Religion for example.

But isn't insisting that others comply with your religious beliefs discriminatory? I'm obviously missing something here - but I have zero knowledge of religion other than presents in December and eating chocolate eggs in Spring so that probably has some bearing.

If we do have to show proof of vaccination to go to pubs,cinemas or whatever, It looks like it is likely to be a phone app.
I will therefor be excluded, Not because of my vaccine status but because I do not have a smartphone.
That will be a big issue, no doubt. My wife and I have only had a smartphone (each) since last July, and that was purely so we could use the Covid app. A few phone calls apart, my wife hasn't been able to use the phone at all really, it took me an age to teach her how to try and browse the net. The chances of my wife learning and remembering how to use an app, scan a qr code, is extremely small. She doesn't do technology, it's just not her thing. That will apply to many people, of a similar age / outlook.

Perhaps those without a vaccine passport will be allowed to sit in beer gardens.
Yes, get out the back, you great unwashed virus spreading heathens :hmm:

I am not complaining though, it is just my tough luck. I am more concerned that businesses have customers and their workers have jobs than I care about who the customers are. Perhaps those without a vaccine passport will be allowed to sit in beer gardens. I believe that is what Israel does.

@ObiWanVaponi I thought that policing your customers was always always part of having a pub licence. Are you old enough? Are you too drunk? etc
You're right it is, but I am trained and (was) licensed to use my instincts and discretion in a particular circumstance for any individual ne'erdowell or other troublesome types rather than an entire subset of the population.

Nobody will be excluded simply for not owning a smartphone. That would be illegal discrimination. There would undoubtedly be other options for non smartphone users like a paper QR code or barcode number that can be given verbally or something along those lines. Owning a smartphone cannot be mandatory prerequisite.

No, I don't like the idea of passports. Maybe I haven't really looked into all the arguments properly though.

No.
Religion for example.

I think the religions that are against vaccinations also disapprove of pubs and cinemas and fun in general.

In principle, Yes.
In practice, definitely NO. Another money-wasting, chumocratic farce in the making.

Back
Top Bottom