What's new

Post your mechanical pics!

I'd oblige with an arty outdoor shot but it's cold out, I'm still in my dressing gown and the spurs arsenal game is on in 10 :D

How you getting on with the vindicator?

@John R I've got to borrow my Mrs' phone and go outside to get a decent pic, light is crap here!

@JoeMac

Get on with it very well indeed guys, cheers for asking - it's taking a while to get used to using a switch with only my index finger again, the SOI it's replaced switch wasn't recessed like this one and I used my index/middle finger to operate it, very comfy in use. The switch is excellent in use though and replacements are only $15, it's a solid lump of copper and the only thing I can envisage going wrong with it is the spring losing tension. It's smaller and lighter than I expected too! The only niggle I can level at it is the inside and the battery can get wet due to vent hole placement, very much user error though. I did redrip not once but twice last night with the new Firewater 4, that was, errr, interesting!

An unreserved two thumbs up, much recommended [emoji106] [emoji106]

Oh and 30t's are brilliant!

Cheers for the update @stevoknevo , did you find the button a tad crunchy to begin with? I've only got the clone in brass and it was a bit that way in the beginning, doused it in dielectric and it's peachy now. (Still not cleaned the patination off the wee dragon, LOL, might be a job for this afternoon.) Never had leakage issues through the battery venting holes myself but then again I don't like bottom air rda's because I'm a chronic over-dripper.

Cheers for the update @stevoknevo , did you find the button a tad crunchy to begin with? I've only got the clone in brass and it was a bit that way in the beginning, doused it in dielectric and it's peachy now. (Still not cleaned the patination off the wee dragon, LOL, might be a job for this afternoon.) Never had leakage issues through the battery venting holes myself but then again I don't like bottom air rda's because I'm a chronic over-dripper.
This was second hand and was fine - I did shit myself with the switch initially, couldn't wait for a swatch and tore in to it in the car outside the sorting office, tried the switch and it got stuck in, moved it to the other groove and it got stuck again! It's flawless with a cell in the tube though. I've seen reports of the switch coming with and without grease, my one had none, so I gave it a skoosh of silicone spray and polished it off, all fine :)

I use the indent nearest the release notch as it gives a slightly shorter throw. I hate a long throw when the button recesses.

EDIT: That makes no sense, if the release is aligned 12 and 6 o'clock, the shorter one is around 4.

I use the indent nearest the release notch as it gives a slightly shorter throw. I hate a long throw when the button recesses.

EDIT: That makes no sense, if the release is aligned 12 and 6 o'clock, the shorter one is around 4.
Aye I'm using the shortest one too, clever design though! I always always carry my mods in my inside jacket pocket, the SOI was great as it had a locking switch that had no chance of being undone, but I'm not concerned about pocket fires with this at all on the rare occasions I'll take it out with me.

I'll be that freak that never carries a mech in a pocket with batteries in then. I always pop it in a hard case on the go.

I'll be that freak that never carries a mech in a pocket with batteries in then. I always pop it in a hard case on the go.
I've had far more issues carrying regulateds around than mechs tbh - thinking about it, the two main incidents I can remember both involved Joyetech mods and both happened in cars whilst locked. First was an EVIC mini and you could have cooked an egg on the atty after, was only in the car for 2-3 minutes and I wasn't driving - I'll accept some responsibility for that one as it was in my side pocket, but all mods went in the inside pocket after that. The second was Primo 220 and was set at 120w, inside pocket and definitely locked - I was driving along a straight road and there was a horrid smell appeared in the cabin, thought it was maybe coming from outside then felt the heat, fecker had melted a big hole in the lining of my jacket. Really liked that mod too, solid, powerful and great chip with Arctic Fox on it, but the fire button was way, way too light so it was out the door.

I'll see about getting a lock doofer for my Runt Ark though, no issues so far, but it would be prudent to have one on it.

A new sleeve and matching driptip from customvapes. Wasn't the one I thought I ordered but I still quite like it. [emoji16]
IMG_20190302_161611.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom