What's new

PRODUCT RECALL! Trustfire Chargers TR-001

I have charger at home that I use for AA and AAA batteries ( it can take other sizes as well as 9v ) my question is, could I use it for my 18650's and 18350's? or will I have to buy another charger especially for these batteries

No.

You can ONLY recharge lithium batteries in chargers designed for Lithium Batteries. DO NOT charge them in normal battery chargers.

We used to sell TR-001 chargers - we removed them from our site a couple of months ago. I'm 99.999% sure that the ones we sold are safe. I still use several TR-001s here.

Like many things TrustFire genuine product is probably fine. The newer genuine ones almost certainly are. The main problem is with the fakes.

If you're worried about it then stop using it and get a NiteCore or an XTar charger (around £20) If it's a genuine TR-001 it should be fine.

Don't charge batteries in it unattended or overnight (or with any charger).

The ones we sold looked like this. note the Patent # text on the front and the orange hologramy sticker on the back.

trustfire1.jpgtrustfireback.jpg

As others upthread have said a good charger is a wise investment and a decent one (like a NiteCore or an XTar) will last you a long time and more than pay for itself.

Last edited:
No.

You can ONLY recharge lithium batteries in chargers designed for Lithium Batteries. DO NOT charge them in normal battery chargers.

We used to sell TR-001 chargers - we removed them from our site a couple of months ago. I'm 99.999% sure that the ones we sold are safe. I still use several TR-001s here.

Like many things TrustFire genuine product is probably fine. The newer genuine ones almost certainly are. The main problem is with the fakes.

If you're worried about it then stop using it and get a NiteCore or an XTar charger (around £20) If it's a genuine TR-001 it should be fine.

Don't charge batteries in it unattended or overnight (or with any charger).

The ones we sold looked like this. note the Patent # text on the front and the orange hologramy sticker on the back.

View attachment 20868View attachment 20869

As others upthread have said a good charger is a wise investment and a decent one (like a NiteCore or an XTar) will last you a long time and more than pay for itself.

Thank you I am off to buy a NiteCore

Just recieved this from a vendor who I bought two of these with the same model number, although mine are white and the ones in the recall are black....

Thank you for brining this to our attention, as far as I am aware our chargers are safe, however I have brought this to the attention of the company directors immediately who will look into it further to see if it is indeed the same product, and act accordingly if it is.

We are making enquiries as it is totally unclear from the RAPEX which just says submitted in France with just "The electrical insulation is not sufficient". Looking at another product on RAPEX below that one, submitted from the UK you get quite a bit more detail:-

eg "There is no fuse protection on the primary side of the circuit. All of the connections have no secondary security. The control circuit is in direct contact with the metal casing and cap's pins. There is no heat shrink shielding covering these parts. Creepage distances are too small and the primary and secondary windings on the transformer are touching."

So does this just relate to the lead, where all the insulation is normally, or to a fake Trustfire or what. Another question is how come most RAPEX reports have compulsary recalls yet the Trustfire is voluntary. Does this mean it has not been confirmed.

We believe ours are gueniune with 100% compliant UK leads but we are trying to get more information from Trustfire as we cant seem to trace the French report anywhere.

I use one of these should I be taking it back to where I bought it?

A little worried as its my only charger

You shouldn't worry. I have one of these & i was concerned because it made a high pitched noise & took a long time to charge batteries. The answer is simple, i got a different charger & i'll recommend it too. The Efest LUC. I have the twin version & am happy with it because i can charge my batteries while i am in the room during the evening. 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours charge time for my 18500's -18650's.

Funny thing is we have the trust fire but the right bank stopped working so ordered a Nitecore which came this morning but is our TF a fake, it has the patent number on the front like in the pics @VaperCaper posted but no holographic sticker on the back?

Last edited:
We are making enquiries as it is totally unclear from the RAPEX which just says submitted in France with just "The electrical insulation is not sufficient". Looking at another product on RAPEX below that one, submitted from the UK you get quite a bit more detail:-

eg "There is no fuse protection on the primary side of the circuit. All of the connections have no secondary security. The control circuit is in direct contact with the metal casing and cap's pins. There is no heat shrink shielding covering these parts. Creepage distances are too small and the primary and secondary windings on the transformer are touching."

So does this just relate to the lead, where all the insulation is normally, or to a fake Trustfire or what. Another question is how come most RAPEX reports have compulsary recalls yet the Trustfire is voluntary. Does this mean it has not been confirmed.

We believe ours are gueniune with 100% compliant UK leads but we are trying to get more information from Trustfire as we cant seem to trace the French report anywhere.

my biggest concern there would be the control circuit one coupled with the transformer issue Uk primary fuse is in the plug. Secondary security I would take to mean cable clamps

Back
Top Bottom