What's new

Pulse Squonker weak hitting

I have the same issue. I get a decent cloud, good flavour, but the hit is non existent. Like vaping 0 nic liquid.
I don't even get a decent cloud or flavour [emoji58] tempted to move it on and get a different squonker. I'll check the voltage drop tomorrow and if it's OK I'll let my mate attempt to work out what's up with it.

I don't even get a decent cloud or flavour [emoji58] tempted to move it on and get a different squonker. I'll check the voltage drop tomorrow and if it's OK I'll let my mate attempt to work out what's up with it.
What I don't understand is why the majority of reviewers stated that the Pulse hits harder than the Athena.. I've got 2 Pulse mods and an Athena and there is simply no comparison the Athena hits so much better despite the Pulse been a much better looking mod.

Did the reviewers get a different version to what actually went on sale or are they just lying ..

What I don't understand is why the majority of reviewers stated that the Pulse hits harder than the Athena.. I've got 2 Pulse mods and an Athena and there is simply no comparison the Athena hits so much better despite the Pulse been a much better looking mod.

Did the reviewers get a different version to what actually went on sale or are they just lying ..

I honestly don't know mate, it's 'kin annoying though because I made my decision to get the pulse on the fact that it apparently delivered such a good hit AND you have the option of either batteries.

I'm already eyeing up either a thir13en mech squonker or the armageddon squonker. Not many reviews on the 13 mech but it looks like a cool design and I like the way the bottle is stowed with the removable door at the bottom of the mod.

I honestly don't know mate, it's 'kin annoying though because I made my decision to get the pulse on the fact that it apparently delivered such a good hit AND you have the option of either batteries.

I'm already eyeing up either a thir13en mech squonker or the armageddon squonker. Not many reviews on the 13 mech but it looks like a cool design and I like the way the bottle is stowed with the removable door at the bottom of the mod.
If your referring to the authentics and have the spare cash they both look like great premium squonkers !

However if your on about the clones of those mods lurking on Chinese websites I wouldn't bother I have bought so many similar ones and they have nearly all been at best ...crap and at worst ,very dangerous and will need plenty of work to make decent.

If your referring to the authentics and have the spare cash they both look like great premium squonkers !

However if your on about the clones of those mods lurking on Chinese websites I wouldn't bother I have bought so many similar ones and they have nearly all been at best ...crap and at worst ,very dangerous and will need plenty of work to make decent.

I can only find clones in the UK, but they're both through bold vapes and I know the owner researches every company who can offer them extensively. Obviously a clone is still a clone though.

I haven't really looked into many other squonkers, but I do like the look of the athena...

I can only find clones in the UK, but they're both through bold vapes and I know the owner researches every company who can offer them extensively. Obviously a clone is still a clone though.

I haven't really looked into many other squonkers, but I do like the look of the athena...
Athena is really decent if your happy with 18650s it hits great and is safe and easy to clean, generally well made.

Hugo squeezer also worth a look, takes both 18650 and 20700 has silver plated contacts , locking switch and comes with some really decent extras.

Both are around £20 each.

I'd take either of the above rather than the clones you mentioned, someone on this forum has his battery vent on the Armageddon clone, and I had a Phantohm clone similar to the thirteen and everytime I pressed the bottle the door fell off lol then after a week the 510 pin broke off ...not worth it.

Surely that's down to your RDA/build .. it's not the mods fault your not getting any nicotine...

Using the Pulse 24 and at the moment I have a dual coil NI80 build at 0.17 ohm. None of the previous builds were above 0.2, so I doubt it's the build.

I've not had an issue with my pulse but this thread prompted me to test it. Not with equipment, I don't have any, but I vaped the pulse mod/pulse 24 combo and then swapped the pulse 24 and ijoy 20700 onto my copper hybrid 11:11 mod and back again. There was not a significant noticeable difference in the vape. Whatever issue some people are having is not apparent with mine.

Last edited:
Coils are not just about resistance, there's also the amount of metal you want to heat up.

Any mech is going to struggle with dual heavyweight coils, so firstly abandon the SS - the low resistance means SS coils have to be twice the size of Kanthal coils at the same resistance.

If you want dual coils use either single strand 0.4mm N80 or Kanthal at around 0.15 to 0.2 ohms.

Whatever you decide to go for, keep the size of the coils to a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom