What's new

Review Quick update on the HCigar HB DNA40

martyge2010

Postman
Okay so I was loving the HB, then I noticed that any atomiser I attached was wobbling on the 510 connection.

This was causing the temp protection to read all over the place due to the loose connection and compromised conductivity.

So I fired an email to Rob from Vape Geek from where I purchased the device. He advised to strip the 510 connection and give it a good clean and reassemble.

I did this and things did improve but attached devices were still wobbling about. So I explained this to Rob and that because HCigar have used a press fit 510 connection once its loose it's loose for good.

He advised I send it back and he would sort me out.

Well he sent me a brand new unit this morning and everything is lovely again! He even sent me a matching Vivi Nova BDC as a freebee.

It also seems that HCigar have now wired up the DNA board properly now as the wires inside are in different positions and there is a proper soldered wire going to the battery negative instead of a quick fix.

This seems like what most good vendors would do but this was different. From 1st class telephone support to very quick and no nonsense replacement of the unit. Vape Geek have blown my mind with their level of customer service.

I would have no problem recommending them to anyone. Well done Rob and Vape Geek.

Well, more problems arose with the 510 connection! This time it started to just spin around freely when trying to screw devices on or off.

So I thought, stuff it I'm gonna sort out myself once and for all, because the standard press fit 510 connection is dreadful.

So I ordered a 15.5mm fat daddy vapes low profile connector and set too.

After enlarging the hole a bit and soldering up the positive connection I had a new working 510 connection.

The top of the standard connector is 18mm so there's a bit of a gap around the new one but its a much better connector and when you have an atty on you can't see it anyway.

A bit of epoxy secures it and there's enough room inside to accommodate it too.

Overall I'm well happy with my first bit of DIY modding ☺

Attachments

• WP_20150409_20_48_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150409_20_48_52_Pro.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 37
  • WP_20150409_20_54_51_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150409_20_54_51_Pro.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom