What's new

Rebel 21700 100C

I've just taken the plunge and ordered my first Rebel mod.

Rather than the 100C, as I'm into my squonking I decided to go for a Rebel YiHi 550j 200w Squonker in red. I watched a pretty good rundown about this Yihi chip on YT which actually looks like it might be even better than the DNA250c so I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I've just taken the plunge and ordered my first Rebel mod.

Rather than the 100C, as I'm into my squonking I decided to go for a Rebel YiHi 550j 200w Squonker in red. I watched a pretty good rundown about this Yihi chip on YT which actually looks like it might be even better than the DNA250c so I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Interesting choice, though, but the difference goes further, I think?
As far as was able to check, Rebel doesn't make the 2x700 with YIHI, only 18650?

Anyway, I am NOT looking for dual battery, my two Drone are working still ;)

Interesting choice, though, but the difference goes further, I think?
As far as was able to check, Rebel doesn't make the 2x700 with YIHI, only 18650?

Anyway, I am NOT looking for dual battery, my two Drone are working still ;)

Considering they are so lightweight I'm surprised they don't make a dual 21700 squonk version. They do make a non-squonk dual 21700 with a Yihi chip.

Considering they are so lightweight I'm surprised they don't make a dual 21700 squonk version. They do make a non-squonk dual 21700 with a Yihi chip.

Yup, again: the Rebel's design philosophy is.. difficult to follow :D

Yup, again: the Rebel's design philosophy is.. difficult to follow :D

Hopefully, when I get it the mod will be fine because, as a UK manufacturer, I want to like their mods but I have to agree there are plenty of little things that don't inspire huge confidence. You just have to look at their website and you see various little inaccuracies, insufficient information or photographs etc. All little things which should be simple to correct so for an expensive high end product it begs the question of why they don't make a better job of things like that.

Hopefully, when I get it the mod will be fine because, as a UK manufacturer, I want to like their mods but I have to agree there are plenty of little things that don't inspire huge confidence. You just have to look at their website and you see various little inaccuracies, insufficient information or photographs etc. All little things which should be simple to correct so for an expensive high end product it begs the question of why they don't make a better job of things like that.
I've viewed several reviews of their devices by Jai Haze on youtube. In principle he likes the mods, but (I do not recall on which one) he mentioned that actually each he received had a small, not blocking functionality, but present glitches. IT was a visible line in printout, various problems with the screen alignment and so on.
Anyway, the reviews are old so I do hope they improved the attitude to details and I wish you that you will be happy with the purchase :thumbup:

There customer service is the best!. But as soon as you say you have a problem with the actual mod. Well sit back because you will be fed some serious bull shit, and be left waiting for weeks, months if you do get a answer, and that will maybe only happen if you have taken out the insurance cover they offer. But then good luck!... I would give up vaping before I had to buy one of these.

There customer service is the best!. But as soon as you say you have a problem with the actual mod. Well sit back because you will be fed some serious bull shit, and be left waiting for weeks, months if you do get a answer, and that will maybe only happen if you have taken out the insurance cover they offer. But then good luck!... I would give up vaping before I had to buy one of these.
Ah well... there's always the way around, and we all shall appreciate their hard work.
1. Screen is misaligned? Disassemble the mod (hot air gun advised), align the screen to your taste. All the problems are resulting from applying the IS [m, bar, C] to the BS [sq toe per pint of ale, height of the dwarf divided by three elves, F]. not our problem;
2. Snap doors on/off wear? F...eel free to go away, kindly asking. We have sold it when it was nice.
3. the internal batt doors bent and cracked while moving out? no, no, no, we have put it there and it stays with the power of our prayer, do not touch it (even if you had a leak, the door is hold by the P'n'P (AKA plug and pray)

Honestly? It is a brand which does ruining the Evolv's chips reputation even more than Dovpo....

For those that have gotten one recently, are the bottom 3 buttons floating? Basically rattling? I've received a 21700 Mod and I'm sure I remember the buttons being attached and not loose.

For those that have gotten one recently, are the bottom 3 buttons floating? Basically rattling? I've received a 21700 Mod and I'm sure I remember the buttons being attached and not loose.
It is 3D print. Everything can rattle. Even if initially fixed.
Even my fav brand have done it once. In Hyperion, they got a bright idea: hey, ho, let's make the expensive (like before), nicely looking (like before) DNA mod (like before) with a s...ty plastic (like 3D print) button.
Several clicks and plastic signs the petition and gets independence:

It is CHEAPER to have the button as one piece printed (even if it WILL fell apart) than to print the separate button and spend effort to put it in place. Rattling and knocking of the lose buttons is a result of the 3D printer set to the lowest accuracy (same as the misaligned screens reason in Rebel mods), e.g. hey, I do have a £300 3D printer, I'll buy a good quality chips and I will make monies straight away.
I DO read reviews, feedbacks and opinions in various sources. There are no 2 Rebel mods which would be identical.
Even the mods sent for review do have flaws which would normally disqualify them from sale.

I my personal score ranking the Rebel mods have earned a prize/title (please remember: I'm not native English speaker, yet I do love the acronyms in this language):
Super
Careful
Almighty
Modder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom