What's new

Recommend me some liquids!

There’s a common denominator there - the brand you’re vaping. Never tried them myself, but may be you’re not feeling Kingston juices.

If I like to eat it I’ll give a go at vaping it. That’s pretty much it. Loads to try over lots of different sites too. Worlds your oyster. Taste buds are very personal though, so you’re best off just having a bash until you find something you like.

Yeah I kept buying Kingston because their Black cherry and raspberry is my favourite so far so I had faith that they must have other really nice ones but it is time to give up on Kingston it seems. I also like their Grapeberry lemonade too. It's not as good as the Black cherry one though.

My recommendation would be to focus on getting good at mixing your own to future proof yourself in case the worst happens and they bring in flavour bans. It would then come down to where you can buy suitable flavour concentrates or how to make your own.

As regards flavours, although there are lots of good sites offering thousands of recipes I started out by concentrating on what are my favourite flavours and built my own recipes around those. It's also worth having a search around on suitable vendors sites to see the different miscellaneous additives, such as coolants, sweeteners, flavour enhancers, etc which simply helps make you aware of the kind of things which are available that can help improve your recipes.

My personal favourite in terms of vendors is Vapable but there are a few others around who are also very decent and worth checking out.

My recommendation would be to focus on getting good at mixing your own to future proof yourself in case the worst happens and they bring in flavour bans. It would then come down to where you can buy suitable flavour concentrates or how to make your own.

As regards flavours, although there are lots of good sites offering thousands of recipes I started out by concentrating on what are my favourite flavours and built my own recipes around those. It's also worth having a search around on suitable vendors sites to see the different miscellaneous additives, such as coolants, sweeteners, flavour enhancers, etc which simply helps make you aware of the kind of things which are available that can help improve your recipes.

My personal favourite in terms of vendors is Vapable but there are a few others around who are also very decent and worth checking out.

I think thats a lot to ask of someone who is still widening their choices. Speaking from personal experience it has taken me a long time to clarify what really works for me. Mixing would have been way too complicated, it takes a huge learning curve for many

Another one for Prime Vapes - I credit Lee with keeping me vaping even though Ive had a blip or 12
Also just discovered Dispergo - havent added nic yet but taste test is spot on

I think thats a lot to ask of someone who is still widening their choices. Speaking from personal experience it has taken me a long time to clarify what really works for me. Mixing would have been way too complicated, it takes a huge learning curve for many

Another one for Prime Vapes - I credit Lee with keeping me vaping even though Ive had a blip or 12
Also just discovered Dispergo - havent added nic yet but taste test is spot on

Fair point. :) I kmow @Reti has mentioned he has already started mixing and certainly there's no reason why people can't also vape ready made juices as well.

However, knowing there is likely to be a new law on vaping some time next year there might not be loads of time if they go down the 'flavour ban' route so it seems like a good idea to be prepared.

Keep in mind that many of these liquids have been sat on the shelf or in a warehouse for god knows how long as well. I don't get how leaving them on a shelf a bit longer makes a difference?
The hot water thing I found when doing some research on steeping when I first got my Zeus tank. I tried it and it's improved some of the nicer liquids that I have. I agree it does prob sound OTT though lol.

And yes I've seen the Dinner Lady name come up on a few occasions as being a great brand. Thanks!
Ok : the doesnt matter how long they been sat on a shelf - you cannot pre steep an e-liquid without the nic

the liquid will not steep until you add the nic. You will notice no colour change or deepening of flavour until that nic is in the bottle.

The bowl of warm water is likely to damage the nic content - as it degrades over a certain temperature - and will do nothing to speed the steeping process

removing the lid is a good way to get any nasties in the air hygroscopically absorbed into you eliquid - as pg will suck the moisture right out the air.

if anything it will degrade a flavour - that will. Its made generally in a cleanroom - all that is lost when you leave the top off in your sock draw.

you are looking at trying desserts - desserts as a rule contain flavour compounds that require a steep time - if they tasted awful at first it is probably because of nothing other than time.

Just leaving it alone for a week after you have added the nic will be enough - it doesn't need all the bro science warming and top off business - as a rule, flavour development tends to follow the colour change that happens over several days after you have added the nic.

If flavour concentrates are available to make your own, then it stands to reason that pre-mixed flavour concentrates should also be available.
Collections — DarkStar International Limited
There's like 13 pages of pre-mixed flavours there which means I don't have to mess about with mixing individual ones :) Hopefully after the law changes stuff like this will still be available. But if it's not, then I can't see why individual flavours would be spared. But stuff like that means I don't need to mess about with buying 7 flavours at £3 each to make a strawberry milkshake lol.

Ok : the doesnt matter how long they been sat on a shelf - you cannot pre steep an e-liquid without the nic

the liquid will not steep until you add the nic. You will notice no colour change or deepening of flavour until that nic is in the bottle.

The bowl of warm water is likely to damage the nic content - as it degrades over a certain temperature - and will do nothing to speed the steeping process

removing the lid is a good way to get any nasties in the air hygroscopically absorbed into you eliquid - as pg will suck the moisture right out the air.

if anything it will degrade a flavour - that will. Its made generally in a cleanroom - all that is lost when you leave the top off in your sock draw.

you are looking at trying desserts - desserts as a rule contain flavour compounds that require a steep time - if they tasted awful at first it is probably because of nothing other than time.

Just leaving it alone for a week after you have added the nic will be enough - it doesn't need all the bro science warming and top off business - as a rule, flavour development tends to follow the colour change that happens over several days after you have added the nic.

Hmm. I just looked this up and there are several places that say the nicotine isn't required for steeping.
It doesn't make any sense to me that nicotine is needed in order for flavourings to come out. Nicotine changes colour when it comes into contact with oxygen or light. That and the maillard reaction between amino acids and sugars is responsible for the colour change. But nicotine isn't needed for a maillard reaction. Just heat, moisture and time. Nicotine is usually a very light yellow/orange (specifically nic-b salts) and that intensifies when it's been exposed to light and oxygen and can even look brown.
Nicotine does degrade at certain temps. At 79c you will lose up to 10% of it. at 65c you'll lose up to 8% of it. That's not much and I'm fine with that.
There are plenty of vapers who don't use nicotine, such as many Australian vapers and they still steep their liquids.
Additionally, my Zeus Juice. I forgot to add nicotine to it until I realised I was vaping it (after a few weeks when it got nice) and still craved nicotine lol. That one most definitely steeped. At first it wasn't nice. I couldn't taste the advertised flavours and it was weak. Very weak. I did the hot water thing and left it out and then put it away for 2 weeks just thinking it was crap. I then thought I'd try it again and it was ten times better, so that one steeped without nicotine.
I know I'm not very experienced etc but I don't believe nicotine is needed to steep an eliquid and there are various sites out there that concur.
This is one of the companies that explains that nicotine isn't needed for steeping. It's also one of the ones (among many) that gives the warm bath method as a way for steeping.
Another one that says nicotine isn't needed for steeping & lists the warm bath method.

I think the important thing though is what works for you. The warm bath method which is listed as a steeping method on several vaping/liquid sites works for me. It's just that some flavours I got I don't like and I need to find some that I do like. I've been given plenty of recommendations to try here so I'll get some ordered.

Last edited:
ZT owns Manabush, so I'd take his word as gospel ;)

As for pre-mixed concentrates, the likes of DarkStar would likely have to rebrand to continue to sell their products as currently they're marketed as e-liquids which I would expect would fall under any potential flavour ban. Single flavour concentrates wouldn't as they're also for use as food additives etc. Speculation of course.

ZT owns Manabush, so I'd take his word as gospel ;)

As for pre-mixed concentrates, the likes of DarkStar would likely have to rebrand to continue to sell their products as currently they're marketed as e-liquids which I would expect would fall under any potential flavour ban. Single flavour concentrates wouldn't as they're also for use as food additives etc. Speculation of course.

It's just if it was true then my juice wouldn't have steeped. Additionally, from what I've read on the science of steeping and exactly how it works and what is happening chemically, nicotine doesn't come into that mix and isn't responsible for the steeping. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, it's just there's a lot of info out there that conflicts with the opinion that nicotine is needed for steeping. Personally, I don't believe it is needed for steeping. If someone can show me some scientific evidence that shows nicotine is an integral part of flavour development I will of course reevaluate that opinion. Though my experience with the Zeus Juice improving ten fold without nicotine will be hard to explain.
I'm not saying at all that eliquid doesn't steep with nicotine. I'm just saying I don't believe that a liquid will not steep without nicotine.

And yes, a rebrand might well need to be done. If a single flavour concentrate can be used for food I see no reason why pre-mixed ones couldn't.
These companies have some clever people behind the scenes. I'm sure they'll come up with something should the government do something stupid.

Back
Top Bottom