What's new

Recommended Tobacco flavour based 'One Shots'

Never done any mixing of any kind, only added nic to shortfills. Watching this thread with interest.

There's not much more to mixing a one shot, it's basically a short fill but without the PG and VG added. :)

Missed this, I used to have a clear out, i don't any more. I have over 200 flavours on my ELR flavour stash list, but in reality I probably have about 250. Fruits apart, most get used now and then, nowt worse then wanting to make a blend, ones own or someone else's and finding you've just recently binned a required flavour.

I'm just not into mixing for fun, because it's not fun. :D

That's why I started this thread. I'll just stick to one shots if I can find a handful of good ones.

... realistically, if it's been sat there for over a year unused.... it's not getting used. :D

Woodhaven, yes, it's woody, I spent months on this, not had it for ages though. Mix at 6%, which makes a nice change from mix at 20%!

Pipe tobacco for the daring!

This bold 4 blend pipe tobacco hides a dark sweet caramel, mellow vanilla and a sweet apple finish. Perfect for a hike in the woods or a night in front of the fire, Woodhaven satisfies the adventurer in all of us.

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/collections/e-juice-makers/products/woodhaven-e-juice-makers-1

... realistically, if it's been sat there for over a year unused.... it's not getting used. :D

i tend to think the same way, but there have been a couple i’ve come across after sitting for a year or two and it’s turned out i like them. so i’ve been hesitant about a clear out.

I'm just not into mixing for fun, because it's not fun. :D

That's why I started this thread. I'll just stick to one shots if I can find a handful of good ones.

there are some good blends you can knock up with only 2 to 4 ingredients. like you i can’t really
be arsed with it, but have streamlined to process to make it as easy as possible. i only mix exclusively using drops these days. i never accurately measure anything. i think ratios are more important than percentages.

so for example in a 60ml i might do 24 drops of dark for pipe, 24 drops of virginia absolute and 6 drops of cavendish. then just pour 12mg 50/50 base mix to fill up the bottle. no need to weigh or measure at all.

even the base mix i just mix roughly the right amounts together in a graduated pyrex jug, and do a litre at a time.

there are some good blends you can knock up with only 2 to 4 ingredients. like you i can’t really
be arsed with it, but have streamlined to process to make it as easy as possible. i only mix exclusively using drops these days. i never accurately measure anything. i think ratios are more important than percentages.

so for example in a 60ml i might do 24 drops of dark for pipe, 24 drops of virginia absolute and 6 drops of cavendish. then just pour 12mg 50/50 base mix to fill up the bottle. no need to weigh or measure at all.

even the base mix i just mix roughly the right amounts together in a graduated pyrex jug, and do a litre at a time.

yeah, I hear ya... actually lobbing some of my concentrates I was doing kind of the same streamlining idea. I'd have a good mix going but want to add a little vanilla, so I'd open my box and there would be 20 vanillas in there... if I only have my 4 or 5 favourites I can usually make a good guess at what's going to work without having to test it first. If I have 20 to choose from (and 10 I've barely touched) I don't even know where to start. I had about 8 different cinnamon pastries, now I have my 3 favourites. :D

Only problem i find with one shots is the tobacco takes aback seat to everything. I liked black reserve by brews bros in certain atomisers though.
Currently going through stixx mix concentrates and theres a few standalones albeit at a higher percentage than recommended for MTL.
H-Prime, Stokkebye and latakia dark fire being good so far on their own.
Away from tobaccos, FA Indian mango special AND forest fruits seem to be good as standalones and dirt cheap considering they should only need about 3% in a mix.

Another big vote for Inawera's Am4a here. Remember that lovely smell of a freshly opened pack of smokes, well that is what Am4a tastes like to me. £3 for 10ml of concentrate and you wont want to mix above 4% or you'll absolutely destroy it, so 250ml for under £3. Outstanding value. Perfect for ex-smokers transitioning to vaping too as it's quite smoke like without being ashy, and only very lightly sweetened.

(I tried most of Inawera's other tobacco flavours after I discovered Am4a but sadly for me nothing else came close to the quality of Am4a.)

Chefs do loads of amazing dessert one shots but if you are looking for a really authentic cigar/tobacco then Don Cristo is well worth a try. The basic Don Cristo one, not the rest of the range (which was "meh" for me if I'm honest). Mixes at 25% though and £10 for 30ml concentrate. I've tried most Nets out there (including Stixx Mixx) and many other tobaccos and this is the most subtle but authentic tasting cigar I've found. It's a Net itself and won awards when it first came out but otherwise you don't hear it mentioned much - I think it's because those who discover it keep it to themselves to insure it doesn't go out of stock as it's quite hard to find in the UK.

For dessert I go for a 50/50 mix of Welsh Custard and Calipitter Chow (both from Chefs). No tobacco in it but well, my mouth's watering just thinking about it.

The above three keep me sane through the week, with Manabush Powwow Tribute and Firewater No2 shortfills added as weekend treats.

Another big vote for Inawera's Am4a here. Remember that lovely smell of a freshly opened pack of smokes, well that is what Am4a tastes like to me. £3 for 10ml of concentrate and you wont want to mix above 4% or you'll absolutely destroy it, so 250ml for under £3. Outstanding value. Perfect for ex-smokers transitioning to vaping too as it's quite smoke like without being ashy, and only very lightly sweetened.

(I tried most of Inawera's other tobacco flavours after I discovered Am4a but sadly for me nothing else came close to the quality of Am4a.)

Chefs do loads of amazing dessert one shots but if you are looking for a really authentic cigar/tobacco then Don Cristo is well worth a try. The basic Don Cristo one, not the rest of the range (which was "meh" for me if I'm honest). Mixes at 25% though and £10 for 30ml concentrate. I've tried most Nets out there (including Stixx Mixx) and many other tobaccos and this is the most subtle but authentic tasting cigar I've found. It's a Net itself and won awards when it first came out but otherwise you don't hear it mentioned much - I think it's because those who discover it keep it to themselves to insure it doesn't go out of stock as it's quite hard to find in the UK.

For dessert I go for a 50/50 mix of Welsh Custard and Calipitter Chow (both from Chefs). No tobacco in it but well, my mouth's watering just thinking about it.

The above three keep me sane through the week, with Manabush Powwow Tribute and Firewater No2 shortfills added as weekend treats.

am4a is my favourite concentrate. it’s perfect. i still can’t work out what the flavours are, it’s quite elusive. i’ve realised recently there is some kind of citrus in there i’d never picked up on before.

they have a few others i like as a stand-alone, but i don’t think anything can to come close to am4a to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom