What's new

Rewicking with tobacco flavours

I'm beginning to think it's a combination of me mixing it too rich and chain vaping. Lesson learned (hopefully). I'll continue on my quest for MTL Nirvana. Thanks to all for your suggestions etc.

try mixing them at 1%. don’t worry about what colour the wick looks, unless it tastes manky. they are very good concentrates once you find the right balance and in my experience are very much cleaner than many other baccies such as INW or NETs, but easily comparable in terms of taste.

the red burley is a great concentrate for a cheeky mix, depending what fruit concentrates you have it works very well with things like fig, plum, pomegranate, rich and sweet dark fruits, nothing too acidic. and all dessert stuff. caramel, toffee, butterscotch, custard. it just adds a very nice throat hit tobacco dunt to anything you mix it with, but keep the percentage quite low. if you pick up any more of them cured tobacco is great and mixes well with red burley. oriental and turkish are also good for blends and Connecticut shade is solo at 1% or less.

the kentucky for me is also one to puff solo at 0.5 % or so, complex enough on it’s own for me to bother trying to blend it. you could try it at 1% and see how you get on.

also, don’t know what tanks you are using but if you aren’t already trying spacing your coils.

also, don’t know what tanks you are using but if you aren’t already trying spacing your coils.
I'm using a selection of tanks. Some better than others re gunking up quickly. I've also tried both spaced and contact coils. Looks like it's my mixing that's the issue so I'll dilute what I've already mixed. It was 3 single flavour mixes all done at 4% so I'll dilute some to 2% and some to 1%. See which I prefer. I'm only just getting back to tobacco flavours so went with flavorah as they seem to be the best out there. They are for any of my fruity mixes. I'll be doing a bit of experimenting over the next few months with a couple of different baccies and maybe some baccy/fruit mixes or baccy/cream/vanilla mixes. I'll get there in the end.

I am a chain vaper generally vape 12.5 to 13w, sweet or tobacco juices for me I wick every day.

I am a chain vaper generally vape 12.5 to 13w, sweet or tobacco juices for me I wick every day.
I'm generally 18 to 22 watts. Building plain round 24 gauge wire around 0.45 ohms. I find 26 a bit flimsy still but I've been playing with it and getting decent results.

I'm generally 18 to 22 watts. Building plain round 24 gauge wire around 0.45 ohms. I find 26 a bit flimsy still but I've been playing with it and getting decent results.

0.45 for mtl blimey :)

I use 28 kanthal 5 wraps 1 ohm I find that works well for flavour or mini mtl Claptons from nature vaoe 1.17ohm work wonderfully too

0.45 for mtl blimey :)

I use 28 kanthal 5 wraps 1 ohm I find that works well for flavour or mini mtl Claptons from nature vaoe 1.17ohm work wonderfully too
28 gauge is like wispy baw hairs blowing in the wind to me. It's gonnae take some time but I'll get into this MTL malarkey.

I find tobacco juices get gunky super quick. Few tricks I use to extend the period between rewicks is... I won't keep refilling repeatedly without occasionally washing the tank out in between refills. What's left in the tank after a period becomes more concentrated as you vape and if you just keep topping the tank up without an occasional rinse it gets dark and gunked even quicker. Once I notice the cotton getting quite dark I'll flush the cotton rather that bothering with a rewick. I just drip some pg on the coil whilst pulsing it so it pushes a lot of the concentrated gunk out of it. I touch the cotton ends with a piece of tissue which draws it out on to the tissue. Few more drops of pg, pulse, touch ends with tissue, rinse tank and refill. May think it's less bother just to rewick but that little routine is what I do to extend wick life.

Other's MMV.

Back
Top Bottom