What's new

Salutations and all that steamy jazz...

VirusDancer

I'm not quite The Grasshopper. I hope to avoid being The Cricket. I'm far from a Master of any sort. I'm not qualified to carry the bags for a Padawan. I am pathologically negative in a humorous it'll all be good sort of way, delving deep into the unwise mind as I knit together the irrational and unemotional. Eh, I suffer insomnia and can be prone to posts like this; though here, I'm curious about the scene across the pond - so perhaps The Tourist? I came by way of the forums seeking an answer on bringing juice through customs, and the particular thread did not quite answer the question. . . so I figure I'll hunker down and continue that search.

I've tried moving to vaping from cheap little filtered cigars that were undoubtedly killing me as if I were puffing away on the back end of an old bus in a traffic jam. Over here where I am, well, I could get a carton of those amazing death sticks for less than a price of pack of regular smokes. But the shipping kept going up and up, my tolerance to how terrible these filtered little cigars increased, and the cost - as cheap as it may have been by comparison to real smokes, it still became too expensive for me.

So my first attempt, being the very definition of newb, and only the most half-assed attempt at research - I started with a SMOK Vape Pen 22 Starter.
I couldn't tell which bothered me the most...
1 - somehow even an empty replacement tank would find some way to leak - dark magic was afoot
2 - the coils burned with the very fiery fury of Hell - burning out in the blink of an eye
3 - and well this one was on me - just wasn't a fan of a button
4 - I feel guilty about contributing to a landfill

Back to cheap plague sticks, who I miss these days for their ability to rob me of my sense of smell - now left to face a rather unpleasant smelling city.

So my second attempt, having oddly developed brand loyalty from the first failed attempt - I snagged a SMOK SCAR-18 Kit.
1 - somehow even an empty replacement tank would find some way to leak if it weren't at a perfect 90 degree angle - dark magic was afoot
2 - and well this one was on me - I really hated the batteries and separate charger
3 - and well this one was on me again - just wasn't a fan of a button
4 - I left this one out in the lobby for my floor should anyone else wish to give it a go

Back to cheap plague sticks, and did I mention who I miss these days for their ability to rob me of my sense of smell - because I'm now left to face a rather unpleasant smelling city?

Then on a whim, still a slave to my brand commitment (need I be committed?) - I snagged a SMOK Nfix PRO Kit.
1 - no more leaks - no more leaks - no more leaks - light has prevailed through the darkness - no more leaks
2 - the quality control on the LP1s leaves me wondering if they encourage liquid lunches - morning batches awesomesauce & afternoon batches failsauce
3 - knock wood, though the first couple of pods suffered broken rubber and let the goods flow out - knock wood, the pods have been great since - no more leaks
4 - and well this one was on me again - oh wait, no button, it's a simple draw mechanism - the simplicity of as if I were still smoking

Hell, I even went ahead and snagged a second one in another color. Fighting the urge to grab a third. Iced Grape in one, Blackberry Lemonade in another, with some Mango Strawberry in the third. It could be interesting. Mind you, I only do 3mg. It's never been about the nicotine - it's a pseudo OCD coping skill that became habitual in certain areas and nonexistent in others. But hey, if I'm going to puff, there might as well be the 3mg.

Well then, that's a bit of the ol' TLDR there for you - paragraphs at least and not the crushing force of a wall of text. I'm off to hunt down that information on personal allowance for e-juice going through customs and possible VAT hits - as well as, well, all this strange talk of the excise tax they want to drop out per 10ml of e-juice, when dealing in 100ml bottles, and them potentially hitting up devices and parts. Oh my, the /facepalm there is surely epic - epic I say, epic.

Toodles...

Hi @VirusDancer and welcome to the planet.
Now thats what i call a great intro :D

I think your first mistake was sadly smok. they flooded the market many years ago and to be honest a lot of their stuff was pants.

Just a quick question to help others out, which country are you actually in. this will help others work out if its possible of importing from another country as rules and regs have gone through the roof in the last year.

most box mods have a push button so if that grinds your gears then pod kits sound the way forward for you as a lot of them have auto draw. vaperesso are a great make but others will have to advise further as i dont know much about new kit. @hack400 knows his stuff so may be able to advise further.

Welcome @VirusDancer. :thumbup:

Innokin sceptre 2 and sx puremax mini are both cheap, reliable, leak free, button free pods. As is the vaporesso luxe x pro, but that is one ugly motherfucker.

Back
Top Bottom