What's new

Schools to ban ecigs in the North West

My daughters school have banned them as smoking paraphernalia.
I found out she was smoking and got her an eGo-T (she is 14) Better she used that than smoke JMHO

Feck me I cant get over the fact some people think its ok for kids to be using them,in school or out of school,you must be a shite parent if you do,how are we supposed to keep our kids away from it when you get numpties that think its ok......

Feck me I cant get over the fact some people think its ok for kids to be using them,in school or out of school,you must be a shite parent if you do,how are we supposed to keep our kids away from it when you get numpties that think its ok......

Ok..... as a parent, this isnt as balck or white as you think it is. My daughter is 16, and the top 3 things I dread her telling me are: -

1. 'Dad, Im pregnant'
2. 'Dad, I am on drugs'
3. 'Dad, I am smoking'

Now, if she came back and said number 3 to me, I would rather she started vaping than smoking. I would be rather hypocritical to have a go at her, because I started smoking at 14, and whilst I totally regret it, it was a part of the experience of growing up.

Now lets not forget, if a kid wants to drink, smoke, do drugs or get pregnant, other than locking them in their rooms for 24/7 you are not really going to stop them. Remember back to when you were that age!!

So its all about education, and keeping the channels of communication open as a parent, and looking at the alternatives to the problem instead of shouting, screaming and bawling. Does that make me a bad parent, No, I am sorry, in my opinion it doesnt. You might think that, and fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to me, It makes me a kind, caring parent, who wants the best for their kids, and will be here to help and support them when needed. :)

If however, she came home at told me option 1, I would kill the little scroat that got her up the duff!!!!

/\
Uuh, Please tell me you're taking the mickey?
(Not directed at andy!)
I started smoking at the same age as @nomrecigs daughter, I'm now 18. So, yeah, i'm a youngun.
However, If i'd known about e-cigs before a few months back, I would have made the change ages ago.
You don't know why people start smoking, for me, it was the only way I could cope with a family break up and the hassle that then caused for my mum. I wont go into to much detail, but, I had to get counselling etc for it. Now things are a bit better, I want to give up because of my health (Had a heart op last year hence the decision). Simple. As. That.
So please, grow up.

Andy, dad, I am your daughter and I am smoking drugs to get over the shocking news that I'm pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom