What's new

Schools to ban ecigs in the North West

What exactly are they supposed to do, because it isnt illegal to sell to under 18s.
Imagine a whole bunch of companies set up selling the same product (whatever the product may be) but they decide to self regulate & all decide not to sell their product to people called 'Andy'... Then some toe-rag gets in on the act & decides he is going to sell to people called 'Andy', you report them to Trading Standards... erm....

Under 18s smoke, u18s have sex, u18s drink - I'd much rather they did it safely and with informed choice.

Children will get hold of them whatever if they are curious enough (i started smoking aged 13 ffs) but under 18 regulation is inevitable and frankly welcome as is other safety based regs re bottling, ingredients etc etc
The problem is the vast majority of the great British public will see medicine regulation as a sensible thing. They don't understand the politics, the issues or the great life saving benefits that could be stifled and see the MRHA as some kind of fluffy benevolent organisation interested only in the health of the nation and not the fat fees they charge for authorisation.

Having two daughters, who are now adults, I discussed smoking, and the problems both financial and health, with them as they were growing up.
When I found out my oldest daughter had started smoking at 14 I was so disappointed and distressed, but I realised I had to take some of the blame as I had been "Do as I say, not as I do", and when her friends were doing the same thing she wanted to be part of the 'gang'.
I tried many different tactics and nothing worked, I even tried to stop with her when she was 16, we approached our GP and was told NRT was only for over 18's and he could not help an underage smoker!!

This is now 8/9 years ago and I am now in the process of converting my daughter to vaping, I only hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom