What's new

Serious question... How can people be so stoopid?

edit: it’s interesting that now people are talking about ethereal beings and the upper dimensions in this thread in a non humourous sense. does anybody believe the earth is hollow?

I don't think I know everything there is to know. ... you don't think there could be 'beings' that we don't know about? I'm always amazed when I look at something under a microscope, you see all sorts of things you couldn't see with your eyes alone. Now imagine a scope that allowed you to see a dimension that you couldn't see before.... who knows what you might find? Maybe nothing, but I don't know that.

Have you ever read 'Flatland'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

I don't think I know everything there is to know. ... you don't think there could be 'beings' that we don't know about? I'm always amazed when I look at something under a microscope, you see all sorts of things you couldn't see with your eyes alone. Now imagine a scope that allowed you to see a dimension that you couldn't see before.... who knows what you might find? Maybe nothing, but I don't know that.

Have you ever read 'Flatland'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

aye, i totally agree that we don’t know everything there is to know. but in the same way, icke doesn’t either. i might be less sceptical if he describe his writing as fiction and didn’t portray himself as an authority on other dimension interference and orwellian tyranny conspiracies. and it didn’t have all the dodgy connotations. and he didn’t speak in support of and have links with nazis.

but as it stands i reckon he’s pretty dodgy.

i’ve not read it, but it sounds interesting, i might see if i can find a copy. :)

aye, i totally agree that we don’t know everything there is to know. but in the same way, icke doesn’t either. i might be less sceptical if he describe his writing as fiction and didn’t portray himself as an authority on other dimension interference and orwellian tyranny conspiracies. and it didn’t have all the dodgy connotations. and he didn’t speak in support of and have links with nazis.

but as it stands i reckon he’s pretty dodgy.

i’ve not read it, but it sounds interesting, i might see if i can find a copy. :)

No, he doesn't that's for sure... He has 'links' to a lot of people I would consider dodgy but I don't know how much of that is his doing and how much of is just that dodgy people seem to follow him or use him for their agendas. It's hard to know, he comes out with so much stuff that's so far from anything else it's hard to know really. He seems to think almost everything is a lie or manipulation. Which I presume would include some of the events of the world wars? I think it's extreme paranoia.

It's an interesting read, I found a copy to download free for the kindle a couple of years back. It's so hard to imagine and get your head around a 2D world. .... and the people in that 2D world can't imagine the 3D world. :)

... as we struggle to imagine a 4D one.

After reading this thread I checked out Icke's wiki page. Came across this classic. I love the dead pan way it's delivered.

upload_2020-9-17_17-53-36.png

4% of the US in 2013?

I bet that number has increased too. ... I kind of wish Trump had said "Drain the swamp of lizards"

TBF he has lots of followers, its just the nut jobs and far right ones that people talk about.

TBF he has lots of followers, its just the nut jobs and far right ones that people talk about.

It's true, I suspect.

I also think many of the people that read his books and go to see him speak are not necessarily 'followers' in the sense that some people would use it. There's a lot that are just curious about what he has to say and maybe interested in what he has to say without being 'followers' in the sense that they believe everything he thinks.

It's true, I suspect.

I also think many of the people that read his books and go to see him speak are not necessarily 'followers' in the sense that some people would use it. There's a lot that are just curious about what he has to say and maybe interested in what he has to say without being 'followers' in the sense that they believe everything he thinks.
Definitely. I've seen hours and hours of his talks (used to put them on when it was quiet in the pub). I started watching because I was interested in the Knights Templar and his name kept popping up, as well as my mate (who was into conspiracies in a big way) who kept saying that Icke spoke about them. So in a way I was one of the people you describe.

the point with him is it’s not just his followers, he’s outspokenly defended holocaust deniers and praises far right nazi publications etc., this stuff he is actively doing himself.

there are also the allegations of anti semitism which i don’t think can be dismissed. he believes the protocols of zion was real among many other things.

i agree, @Simon G , that he seems extremely paranoid.

but to go back to the ideas, they are ridiculous, and have absolutely
no evidence to support them or basis in fact.

Back
Top Bottom