What's new

Shinyitus has got me wanting

All I can say is Dementia is a horrible disease for those around the person that has it, but for the person who has it's not necessarily on their radar and the best you can do is keep doing what you are doing and remember who they were not what they are now. Good luck to you @Lisa Bolton
I know. Just feels so wrong not telling her my Dad has died. I guess allowing her to carry on in her land of the fairies and not expecting to console each other is a price to pay

I read somewhere that while sufferers may not be able to remember a situation, or specifics, the emotional impact of what they experience stays with them.

Honestly I'm not sure how true that is - but in my experience, it is a good approach to take nevertheless. The more you can make them smile, or laugh, the better things are for them. Even if that means letting go of reality for a while.

I read somewhere that while sufferers may not be able to remember a situation, or specifics, the emotional impact of what they experience stays with them.

Honestly I'm not sure how true that is - but in my experience, it is a good approach to take nevertheless. The more you can make them smile, or laugh, the better things are for them. Even if that means letting go of reality for a while.
I am not mentally ready for that yet. It takes a lot to make myself visit, big girl pants. Right now I can't

I am not mentally ready for that yet. It takes a lot to make myself visit, big girl pants. Right now I can't
Absolutely, I understand. And sorry if it came across like I was telling you what to do, I didn't mean to, I just thought it was worth sharing.

Absolutely, I understand. And sorry if it came across like I was telling you what to do, I didn't mean to, I just thought it was worth sharing.
It's great advice thank you. Just can't at the moment

Sooooo, I got this today. Love my shiny rainbow light up stuff. Freemax Maxus 2.
FB_IMG_1688768598397.jpg

Sooooo, I got this today. Love my shiny rainbow light up stuff. Freemax Maxus 2.View attachment 325499

ha that's a cool mod - i remember talking with the dearly departed @Tubbyengineer years ago about making a DIY 'tron' style light up mod. He was considering the same thing using EL wire (which they used on the latest Tron film) Great to see something similar hit the market all this time on, this is very much the sort of thing i had in mind albeit in black with the lights - this looks better with the rainbow. It was an idea that neither of us got around to making, although i did pick up a pretty cool silver mod with disco lights by Smok a few years ago in the classies, i'll dig it out and share some pics eventually.

I really don't need another mod, like REALLY don't, but i'd like one of these, maybe the black or the blue :)

I'll add it to the list of shit i don't need to be bought with money better used for more sensible things (its a long list)

ha that's a cool mod - i remember talking with the dearly departed @Tubbyengineer years ago about making a DIY 'tron' style light up mod. He was considering the same thing using EL wire (which they used on the latest Tron film) Great to see something similar hit the market all this time on, this is very much the sort of thing i had in mind albeit in black with the lights - this looks better with the rainbow. It was an idea that neither of us got around to making, although i did pick up a pretty cool silver mod with disco lights by Smok a few years ago in the classies, i'll dig it out and share some pics eventually.

I really don't need another mod, like REALLY don't, but i'd like one of these, maybe the black or the blue :)

I'll add it to the list of shit i don't need to be bought with money better used for more sensible things (its a long list)
I have the black 1 too and it's nice it makes you think of happier times with someone no longer with us. I do prefer the block as it looks cleaner but this rainbow 1 is a nice addition to lift my mood

I caved and got the Maxus 3. So disappointed, not as good as the Maxus 2. Not enough lights lol. Crikey had to screenshot my photo to upload it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-13-22-27-43-628_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-13-22-27-43-628_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom