What's new

Should pods be standardised?

I think it's something that won't be done with Vapers wanting to make their own choices regarding juice and coils. The thing i tend to do most and spend the most time doing is looking for e-liquid i will enjoy. Though the worst part of that is buying liquid that looks and sounds great but turns out to be pure rubbish, i find this happens most with liquid that they rate as premium liquid. I think pre-filled Pods would take the fun out of vaping for me. We all have different tastes and styles of vaping as well which would make it harder for companies to produce, plus they would be losing money if the make Pods filled with juice that nobody actually likes. The idea of doing rebuildable devices is to save money and to have the best experience vaping. Buying Pods that are pre-filled would just ruin the vape experience for a lot of vapers plus a lot of vapers don't tend to use Pods anymore.

For the likes of us you're absolutely right. We're the tinkerers and hobbyists who enjoy the accomplishment of playing around to get the best vape we can.

Disposables and pods aren't aimed at us and are much more of an easy gateway device aimed at smokers who know little or nothing about vaping technicalities.

Out of all the people I know who vape I'm the only one who uses proper vape gear. All the others are all people who work long hours and simply have no interest in having to spend more time on vaping than they absolutely have to.

Disposables have brought people like that over to vaping in their masses and I would hate to see them all just disappear back to smoking ciggies again if a disposable ban comes in.

hmm now see i dont class dispos as pods they aint nothing like a vaporesso luxe or vaporesso target pm80 se or the wotofo manik, with just those most you change the battery coils & pods, dispos you just toss too the kerb or thats how it seems
You made the point that there are several options for pod vapers and that a universal pod aint happening, I made the point that it`s already happening with disposables, there are no optional extras but they sell in their millions

For the likes of us you're absolutely right. We're the tinkerers and hobbyists who enjoy the accomplishment of playing around to get the best vape we can.

Disposables and pods aren't aimed at us and are much more of an easy gateway device aimed at smokers who know little or nothing about vaping technicalities.

Out of all the people I know who vape I'm the only one who uses proper vape gear. All the others are all people who work long hours and simply have no interest in having to spend more time on vaping than they absolutely have to.

Disposables have brought people like that over to vaping in their masses and I would hate to see them all just disappear back to smoking ciggies again if a disposable ban comes in.

what a load of pish you are coming out with proper vapers dont use pods, well fook knows what the makes me & @hack400 @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) those are just some i can think of that use pods & i only use pods that 1 are either have replaceable coils & batts can use wotofo smrt coils other than that i never ever buy stock coils & when im not using the luxe or pm80 or manic i mainly use normal mods using mesh strips iam a tinker & hobbyist but what do i know

Last edited:
what a load of pish you are coming out with proper vapers dont use pods, well fook knows what the makes me & @hack400 @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) those are just some i can think of that use pods & i only use pods that 1 are either have replaceable coils & batts can use wotofo smrt coils other than that i never ever buy stock coils & when im not using the luxe or pm80 or manic i mainly use normal mods using mesh strips iam a tinker & hobbyist but what do i know

You're right. Definite error on my part so apologies if I offended you.

me offended dream on i just dont like been pidgeon holed
pigeonhole-non.jpg

Thanks everyone. Great responses.

I knew this point about manufacturers wanting to protect the profits from selling their own devices would be the first thing that people would think of.

I honestly think that would be a very short sighted move for manufacturers.

If disposables have shown one thing they have shown that the biggest market in terms of sales is in selling simplicity. They have taken away the confusion and provided people with the easiest and quickest solution.

Disposable users don't want to travel too far or have to put in too much time to find the right pods. They want to be able to walk into any ciggie shop and know that they can find what they need with no effort. Of course it would mean that manufacturers would need to compete for their share of that market but to my mind you're better off in the end competing for a little slice of a gigantic pie than in having a very small pie all to yourself.

Once you've got them hooked and they've left ciggies behind then, of course, for those who want it you'll still have all the more complex devices available to sell them.

The perfect example of this is Jac Vapour. When do you ever see them getting a mention around here these days? I bought my first vape from them but moved away because they weren't using the standard 510 pin on their tanks. They're still out there selling devices to their own little niche but they'll never be back up with the big players the way they're doing things.

Over time I may well be proved wrong when it comes to disposable users but my fear is that if you just take away the simplest option and then throw too much confusion into the mix then once legal disposables are gone you run the risk of people either going back to ciggies or buying black market disposables.
It wouldnt be a short sighted move for manufacturers at all (to not do it)

doing it would end up with there only being one manufacturer - because all the rest cant be arsed to make them any more - thus limiting choice - and that manufacturer who has tge one pod design would likely be bought out by big tobacco or big pharma - thus playing us right back in to the hands of those guys.

the short sighted thing to do would be to stiffle innovation by limiting what can be made.

Thanks everyone. Great responses.

I knew this point about manufacturers wanting to protect the profits from selling their own devices would be the first thing that people would think of.

I honestly think that would be a very short sighted move for manufacturers.

If disposables have shown one thing they have shown that the biggest market in terms of sales is in selling simplicity. They have taken away the confusion and provided people with the easiest and quickest solution.

Disposable users don't want to travel too far or have to put in too much time to find the right pods. They want to be able to walk into any ciggie shop and know that they can find what they need with no effort. Of course it would mean that manufacturers would need to compete for their share of that market but to my mind you're better off in the end competing for a little slice of a gigantic pie than in having a very small pie all to yourself.

Once you've got them hooked and they've left ciggies behind then, of course, for those who want it you'll still have all the more complex devices available to sell them.

The perfect example of this is Jac Vapour. When do you ever see them getting a mention around here these days? I bought my first vape from them but moved away because they weren't using the standard 510 pin on their tanks. They're still out there selling devices to their own little niche but they'll never be back up with the big players the way they're doing things.

Over time I may well be proved wrong when it comes to disposable users but my fear is that if you just take away the simplest option and then throw too much confusion into the mix then once legal disposables are gone you run the risk of people either going back to ciggies or buying black market disposables.

i’m sure they have more devices with 510 connectors than not, no? i’ve owned two of them myself.

Back
Top Bottom