What's new

showcasing and giving away a hybrid stabwood squonk box mod

That is absolutely beautiful @vapesmarter. I have to agree with the other that silver plates and making it a full mech mod would be much better & the non flush 510 would drive my OCD bonkers. You say it's to stop atty rash but that will always be hidden by atties anyway so for me, I'd much prefer them to be flush with no gap.

Top work though. That stab wood looks awesome.

I agree but trouble is to recess the hole will mean drilling a say 22mm hole just 2mm I can do this but need to do it it before I drill a 12mm hole as there is no way to centre the drill if I do it the other way

I will look later today but every operation on the mod is a one off one time deal you get no second chances

this needs to wired up, space is tight so do I install a MOSFET in it, as the switch is a nice switch but only rated for 10amp so will not be suitable for a mechanical mod, which is what this is. It will be unregulated as such, working on a switch a battery and wire connections.

the wire I have is 17 amp also not up to it, so solid copper 35 amp cable will have to be used.

so put your ideas you views (constructive not stupid ones, I'm tired this has taken many many hours to make)

Mod looks great
As for the wire I'm going to guess that the 17amp is 18 gauge?
It might be worth getting some 16/14 gauge as the 35 amp stuff is thick, I used it in my first mod build
As for the switch a mosfet would make all the difference, I've trimmed the legs on them to fit some tight spaces and it leaves the option for really thin wire on the switch and mosfet gate, my most used is 16 for wires carrying current and 24g for control wires

this needs to wired up, space is tight so do I install a MOSFET in it, as the switch is a nice switch but only rated for 10amp so will not be suitable for a mechanical mod, which is what this is. It will be unregulated as such, working on a switch a battery and wire connections.

the wire I have is 17 amp also not up to it, so solid copper 35 amp cable will have to be used.

so put your ideas you views (constructive not stupid ones, I'm tired this has taken many many hours to make)

Mod looks great
It might be worth getting some 16/14 gauge as the 35 amp stuff is thick, I used it in my first mod build
As for the switch a mosfet would make all the difference, I've trimmed the legs on them to fit some tight spaces and it leaves the option for really thin wire on the switch and mosfet gate, my most used is 16 for wires carrying current and 24g for control wires

Mod looks great

A big shoutout and thank you to @jock1092 and @gazlynn and @mosfetius all decent apes all gentlemen lots of advice, how it should be on great forums

Tonight part 2 will be uploaded entitled

"Graham gets crated"

Don't miss guys and girls

Is there no end to your talents? You seem to be able to create things of beauty at whim. Respect.

I agree but trouble is to recess the hole will mean drilling a say 22mm hole just 2mm I can do this but need to do it it before I drill a 12mm hole as there is no way to centre the drill if I do it the other way

I will look later today but every operation on the mod is a one off one time deal you get no second chances

22mm plunge router bit?

S'alright I suppose....

Not really, Graham is a beautiful thing. That is all. No more to say.

That looks beautiful. Not usually a fan of stab woods but I'm really liking the look of this

Back
Top Bottom