What's new

showcasing and giving away a hybrid stabwood squonk box mod

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
this has been one huge pain in the backside to do

many many hours of swearing, cursing more swearing, bad DVD films, you name its happened

but anyway for your enjoyment a hybrid stab wood squonk mod that is when finished (if I don't stamp on the little xxxxker fIrst) will be given away with a squonk Atty tank in a lovely little oak case (which I haven't made yet Jesus) to one lucky ape

this is a semi-mechanical mod it is unregulated (we will address that later)

shall we commence with it, I shall call it graham (because I know a graham and he is useless, so much so that there is a tree in the forest that provides oxygen for graham, and as i said the other day to him he needs to find the tree and say sorry to it)

as always on the DVD, there has been many, is star trek (the new version) 88 minutes (bloody awful) cowboys and aliens (hhhmmm really)

so we start with some wood

IMG_3110.jpg

this has been stabilized add some resin and.... we have (we have done all this check out my other posts)

IMG_3115.jpg

a block that's the easy part.....:assassin:

next, let's get a cutting, you will notice I have finally got my miller out of storage (it was at my father's) all 350 kilos of it and yes it nearly killed us setting it up plus the bed was out, the handle fell off, I lost the chuck key etc etc

IMG_3125.jpg

its been 25 years since I used one and it's not all come flooding back god dam it !!! but above you will see Im cutting a slot with a 12mm carbide end cutter this is for the battery tray

IMG_3126.jpg

ta daaaa it's got to go lower so gentle does it

IMG_3127.jpg

so I'm going to level the top off (cant find my fly, dovetail or flat cutter anywhere they are in a box somewhere) we are spinning at about 3000rpm here

IMG_3128.jpg

the lid I cut from the block earlier trouble with stab wood is you get one shot one chance no mistakes

IMG_3129.jpg

magnets for the side door (these are 2mm and are utter shite so I will re-drill and put 4mm in)

IMG_3130.jpg

ok so your going to drill the holes for the magnets they are 2mm x 2mm thick so will are talking small amounts I mean small amounts like a thousandth of a mm as shown above one slip and its scrap the lot

IMG_3132.jpg

side switch which is 16mm so a 16mm woodcutter is used as you guessed it the 16mm end milling cutters are in the box lost somewhere....

IMG_3137.jpg

so roughed out on to many hours of....

IMG_3134.jpg

sanding back and forth going through the grits by hand.....

IMG_3147.jpg

so we have a lid and a box to become

IMG_3144.jpg

the switch is not up to the task the 510 is raised I was going to recess it but, a tank will scratch the top so tough :18:

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

a squonk mod....well almost.

ok hears the crack and where you guys come in we are a family the last week proves it, many people helped each other on tpd deals, not a day went past when on here and private messages were passed saying go here for this or that.

this needs to wired up, space is tight so do I install a MOSFET in it, as the switch is a nice switch but only rated for 10amp so will not be suitable for a mechanical mod, which is what this is. It will be unregulated as such, working on a switch a battery and wire connections.

the wire I have is 17 amp also not up to it, so solid copper 35 amp cable will have to be used.

there is a lot right and some wrong with the above mod hence why I won't sell it, this is a learning curve for me so the ape who gets this when its complete and passed by you lot will test and review warts and all.

so put your ideas you views (constructive not stupid ones, I'm tired this has taken many many hours to make) below, please

and as always :hugs:

if you love my cases, cabinets stands. bags and 75% made squonk mods then like them.......buy one.

Last edited:
So far I have to say it is looking beautiful, I would say that my only criticism would be that it would look better with a stainless steel fire button to match the 510.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Graham is lovely :worship:

looks stunning, the only thing I could say is, maybe going full mech with it, silver plate for the connections and a full mech switch, then there's no need for mosfets or the wiring (on a next version)

it looks absolutely stunning though, awesome job

I'm absolutely in love right now. [emoji7][emoji7] as mentioned above the brass button stands out a little (but being ex forces I will probably spend all day with brasso on it lol). Absolutely love the patterning on the wood and wonder what it would look like dyed a nice dark green colour

that is nice work , fair enough if you dont want to sell it but what about entrants have to make a charity donation to your choice ?

Back
Top Bottom