What's new

Showcasing "Parry" a dna100c stabwood hybrid 1 x 21700

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
wow it must be 2 years since i did this on here i stopped for a lot of reasons but still it feels very strange doing a thread like this again

anyways

on Netflix/prime streaming

The Fisher King

• Parry : Did you ever hear the story of the Fisher King?

Jack Lucas : No.

Parry : It begins with the King as a boy, having to spend the night alone in the forest to prove his courage so he can become King. Now while he's spending the night alone he's visited by a sacred vision. Out of the fire appears the Holy Grail, symbol of God's divine grace. And a voice said to the boy, "You shall be the keeper of the Grail so that it may heal the hearts of men." But the boy was blinded by greater visions of a life filled with power and glory and beauty. And in this state of radical amazement, he felt for a brief moment, not like a boy, but invincible, like God, so he reached into the fire to take the Grail, and the Grail vanished, leaving him with his hand in the fire to be terribly wounded. Now as this boy grew older, his wound grew deeper. Until one day, life for him lost its reason. He had no faith in any man, not even himself. He couldn't love or feel loved. He was sick with experience. He began to die. One day a fool wandered into the castle and found the King alone. And being a fool, he was simple-minded, he didn't see a King. He only saw a man alone and in pain. And he asked the King, "What ails you friend?" The King replied, "I'm thirsty. I need some water to cool my throat". So the fool took a cup from beside his bed, filled it with water, and handed it to the King. As the King began to drink, he realized his wound was healed. He looked in his hands and there was the Holy Grail, that which he sought all of his life. And he turned to the fool and said with amazement, "How can you find that which my brightest and bravest could not?" And the fool replied, "I don't know. I only knew that you were thirsty."
the film I didn't understand until years later after watching it when I was younger is a telltale thing about loss plus it was one of the hardest films for Robin Williams to play it was his quest, the torment that he had all his life but unlike Parry, he never found the grail.

there is a block shot somewhere for this mod but the colours are a complex mishmash of greens and blue the pressure I ramped up after degassing to about 150psi or 5 fathoms.

imageIMG_0512.jpg

so this is block prep I have to cut the block to size and then polish it to see how it turned out

imageIMG_0560.jpg

so I'm doing the plate it has to be engraved you can see one of the dro ticking over next to the mill I don't use collects or all those things as its two long-winded on a plate I use 6-7 different tips, I could use a CNC or china I have both at my disposal but the plate fits the mod block not the other way around.

imageIMG_0579.jpg

so here is the case cut but not polished its a touch-and-go time I know how the mod will look but if I'm not happy, I am not going to piss about, if the case is not to a standard I will stick a hammer through it and start again.

imageIMG_0580.jpg

i engraved the 510 with a motif to match the mod

imageProject 202301281459.png

here is the motif I have to make it a vector and split and clean up the image before I can engrave it on the plate and the mod.

so add the bits inlay with some 22ct gold. refinish the mod bag box etc etc

imageIMG_0589.jpg
imageIMG_0590.jpg
imageIMG_0592.jpg
imageIMG_0593.jpg

in the paw 360 degree

so the mod is finished it's for @Phrasing I loved the mod when I made it for a short time then the feeling went away my quest still continues I make things it can be a curse it can sometimes be joyful but I still have my own path to follow.....

love my mods then like them ...buy one

It's good to see one of your progress builds on here again Stu. Well worth the wait.

Have missed seeing your videos Stu of the progress of your work and as usual the finished job looks stunning @Phrasing will be very pleased :2thumbsup:

Some people have skill, some people have vision, this beautiful work of art is what happens when skill and vision come together.
Nice one Stu.

Back
Top Bottom