What's new

Side effects of vaping...

Gosh it took me over 10 mins to try and post on here, my screen keeps crashing on this forum when I press the post button....is it there now? :)))))

I think you need a new browser :P or clear the cache again and possibly disable any malware search bars and things ;) :P But we can see you!

I vape 50/50, and I have not had any side effects really, apart from stuff clearing from my lungs, think I have been quite lucky :)

I vape 50/50, and I have not had any side effects really, apart from stuff clearing from my lungs, think I have been quite lucky :)

I'm the same. No side effects and I'm vaping different mixes. Like you though, coughing some nasty shit off my chest from the cigs although it's easing now.

i have had no side effects and i have been vaping for a year it was so easy i wish i knew about vaping years ago.jimmy

I did used to get a bit of a sore throat and headaches when i first started Vaping but lowered my nic and its all good now!!!

I just keep some water on hand for the dry mouth.

I quit smoking after 45 years. I was getting a tingling feeling in my left arm at the beginning. Through Dr.google, I learned that many people get this feeling due to the body not getting nicotine. I started using some liquid with nicotine, and the tingling feeling went away.
I am getting skin rash on the sides of the neck, feels very itchy at night, I rarely notice ity all day. From this thread, I believe that this is also from vaping.

Sounds like a pg intoleeance cig-juice. Try using a higher vg juice and it should clear up

The only thing I've noticed is a little light headed when all day excessive vaping leading to feeling a little sick but not to often..

i suppose its the same on a bender and drinking a little to much..

Some people may think I'm a cheat but I don't think I am. I smoked at least 40 a day for over 50 years and the longest I ever managed on NRT was 3 days with mac patches, inhalators, nicotine poisoning and a non-stop craving. Last time I tried NHS methods I cut down to 10 a day... for a day. The worst thing for me was talking about stopping smoking. Once I went to one of those NHS quit sessions, smoked 20 before, 20 after, and took a couple of weeks to get back to my usual number of ciggies then.
So I started vaping with no intention of stopping the ciggies, just hoped I'd save a lille money and maybe if I cut down the smoking I'd be healthier. Gradually I found I was smoking less and less, now I've been vaping for three months, after getting a lavatube I have almost stopped the ciggies compltely and the way it's going that won't be long, even my remaining morning one I light out of habit and hold it while vaping.
I've not had many bad effects, maybe because of the slow transition.
I was told by NHS stop smoking that quitting lowered the immune system and slowed metabolism (gaining weight). I don't know if the same is true when switching but I haven't gained weight. I did take vitimin C and zinc though, same as advised for quitting everything.

On PG I had a sore throat and felt dry no matter how much water I drank, and a deep inhale made me cough.
I felt as though I had a slight bug for a couple of weeks and felt very tired, wanted to sleep all the time. But maybe I did have a bug.
I swapped to VG, much easier on the throat, not as dehydrating, but sometimes I felt a little sick.
Now I vape ideally 50/50 or VG, sometimes 70/30, but plain PG doesn't seem to agree with me.
I developed a gum infection that lasted a couple of days and went away.
I never had a smokers cough, just deliberatly cleared my throat on waking, but the little phlemgh I had has gone, I don't do that and I breathe better.
I have developed painful pins and needles in the balls of my feet when I get up but I had similar problems for years before.
I get headaches if I chain-vape, specially if its over 18 mg. At 25 mg my head spins as well, but that's too much nic.

My wallet was a lot fatter until a couple of weeks ago when I went on a spending spree for myself and presents. I've converted most of my smoker friends at least to some extent so buying presents is easy.
Now I have a few new shiny things and extra juices and my wallet is the same as when I smoked.
My doctor and, I'm to;ld by a friend, the cariology department at the local hospital, class vapers as non-smokers.
In spite of my one ciggie a day my doctor has reclassified me as a non-smoker.

My main problem is vapers tongue. I have spells when I can't taste anything even though I try and swap my all-day juice. I think I've just ruined my vape buds for a few days by using three juices as all-day vapes, alternating through the day.

I'd say everybody is different, some never look back after their first vape, others take a lot longer to get there.
I would never condemn somebody because they hadn't broke the smoking habit completely. I say the less burned tobacco the better and I hope that one day they'll get there.
If they are anything like me if somebody told them they had to stop ciggies completly, they'd stop vaping instead because they don't like being told what to do.
But even for those who still smoke, the less they smoke the better for health and pocket. Apart from the lure of new vaping gear that is. :)

Back
Top Bottom