What's new

Site is so slow

Is it because there are so many threads with hundreds of pages of posts?
I'm also a regular on Techkings and they recently had to close some of the more popular threads and start new ones with the same or similar name.
They said one of the reasons was because the site was sending 'new post' emails to all subscribed users whenever there was a new post in a big thread.
Could it be that is because users are automatically 'watching' any thread that they post in rather than having to subscribe manually.

Just my two penn'orth, I don't really know much about websites tbh.

site still slow reading this post & was not going to post anything, so went to go back to main page & took almost 30 secs :( to do that.

Is it because there are so many threads with hundreds of pages of posts?
I'm also a regular on Techkings and they recently had to close some of the more popular threads and start new ones with the same or similar name.
They said one of the reasons was because the site was sending 'new post' emails to all subscribed users whenever there was a new post in a big thread.
Could it be that is because users are automatically 'watching' any thread that they post in rather than having to subscribe manually.

Just my two penn'orth, I don't really know much about websites tbh.

One of the first things I turned off, it gets rather annoying otherwise.

upload_2022-4-11_19-55-57.png

Haha, i just msged the man about this, didnt realize everyone was havin probs...since yesterday right?

Haha, i just msged the man about this, didnt realize everyone was havin probs...since yesterday right?

It has gotten considerably worse the last day or two, but it has been bad on and off for weeks now.

Its really frustrating too, because i like to have it set to not automatically stay logged in, and it keeps booting me off, lol

Its really frustrating too, because i like to have it set to not automatically stay logged in, and it keeps booting me off, lol
now thats weard. its been slow for a good few hours and had one server error but its never logged me out.
at the moment is loading as fast as it usually does but could be an intermitent issue.

Back
Top Bottom