What's new

Smoant Pasito II

andipandi

Legend
pas2.jpg

pas2.jpg

I received this free from the wonderful @Gitchy, via his giveaway, thank you very much mate :)

This is the v2 version of the Pasito v1, it can accept the Pasito v1 coils and the rba by using the appropriate adapters, of which gitchy kindly purchased and included. That is where the similarities with the v1 end, the v2 is more closely alighted to the Smoant Knight 80, a device I rate rather highly.The Pasito II accepts the Knight 80 stock coils and also the Knight 80 rba. The pod has 6ml capacity, no horrible toxic silicone bungs in there to reduce the capacity to tpd 2ml. The Battery is built in, a decent 2500mah capacity, charged via Type C usb. The drip tip is standard 510, hence, you can swap it out, if you so desire.

After a sanitising soak for the pod, and a full charge for the mod, I immediately set about installing one of the included Knight 80 0.40ohm dual mesh coils, simply pull out the coil adapter and screw in the coil, a hefty prime, push back into the pod, the orings on the coil adapter seem to make for a good tight fit, that is promising, as the v1 leaks from the adapter base, sometimes badly.

The fill port is on the side of the pod, a bit fiddly to remove the rubber bung to fill, it is narrow, hard to get a fingernail in there and open, a messy affair. When you put the pod on the mod it will automatically chose a best setting, I was going to start at 30w, the recommended range with the coil I used is 35-50w, and the device selected 45w, way too high for me. Dialling the wattage up or down is a tad slow, as it does it in increments of 0.1w, I would prefer 0.5w dialing myself, I don't require 0.1w accuracy.

I opted for Brew Bros Black Reserve as my start off juice, a creamy honey, tobacco, the flavour profile of which I know very well. From my first tug on the thing i was amazed at the flavour, it was like all of a sudden my ever enduring vapers tongue was banished, the flavour was incredible, new nuances and flavour hints that stayed on the tongue and in the mouth long after a vape. I wasn't expecting that, esp. as I'd used the same 0.40 dual mesh coil when I first received my Knight 80 and thought that the vape was awful - a bland, hot vape, pointless and useless, in fact.

Using the dual mesh coil, how come the Pasito II such a great vape, where the Knight 80 wasn't? I can only think it has something to do with the round robin airflow arrangement on the Pasito, air is drawn from an adjustable oblong slot on top of the pod, down the side and under the coil, I had the airflow closed down to about 50%. A slightly rowdy turbulent affair, what I would call dirty airflow, which can work well on a side airflow rda like the Goon, but with under coil airflow smoothness is the key, yet here I am loving this oddball device, and the vape it delivers, using a coil a few months back that I thought was bollox :hmm:

I shifted flavours to my own Rice Pudding, my Jam Sponge and a Burley/ Virginia blend. I alternated between 50/50 and 70/30, fantastic flavours all the way through, 70/30 being a smoother less harsh vape, well suited to the great wicking capabilities of the mesh coil. The Pasito II, when combined with the Knight 80 0.40 dual mesh coil is the BEST flavour and vape experience I've had DL, using pods or subohm tanks with a stock coil.
Alas, the coil life is abysmal, less than 3 days from start to finish, but I did chain vape the first evening and drained the fully charged mod in less than 3 hours, I just don't think stock coils and me are well suited to chain vaping, the coil life is about the same as the Freemax Pro 2 coils, which has an almost identical dual coil arrangement. I swapped out the coil for the same (dual mesh coil) and tooted and puffed away over 3 days, again at 30w, no chain vaping, same result, coil was stuffed after 3 days.

Using the Pasito v1 adapter I installed the v1 stock 0.60ohm coil, really good flavour but i did need to swap out the drip tip for a stubby small bore pom drip tip and close the airflow down by about 80%. This I do know, the v1 stock coils last a fair bit longer than the Knight 80 ones, the flavour is excellent as well.

Further to this I've installed and used the pasito v1 rba and the Knight 80 rba, both have decent flavour, both need regular rewicking, the Knight 80 rba is a much easier build and wick. Pod and pod system rbas can be bastard things (to set up), most of them, and they don't always deliver on the flavour front. There's not much else to say about rba use, although an all new rba design would've been nice.

The Type C USB port is underneath, just don't put that shit there, ridiculous, asking for trouble. Battery life is good, esp. at lower rba wattages, The screen could've been bigger, but I still probably wouldn't see it. You can chose from VW, NI, TI, SS, TCR, DVM (whatever that is) and Bypass mode. You can change the screen colour, I have it white, the screen is not bright enough.

In summary:

I like the Pasito II, I like the backwards capability with the Pasito v1 coils and rba, and also with the knight rba. As already said, the stock coils are a reuse of the Knight 80 ones. The 0.40 dual mesh coil whilst delivering superb flavour has a hideous coil life, an absolute disgrace. I've previously tried the single 0.30 knight 80 coil (on the Knight 80), that was rubbish as well. Are you going to spend up to a tenner on 3 coils and use at least two a week? No way I'm doing that. Unless you are lucky enough to find cheap coil deals or don't mind paying for and swapping out the coil every few days then I cannot recommend the Pasito II for stock coil use only. That is a tragedy, as it is with the Knight 80 which has exactly the same issue, because they use the same stock coils. If you like to mess around, like I do, with small and fiddly rba decks then the Pasito II is worth a punt, esp. when they (the Pasito II) eventually get flogged off cheap - which they will.

Pees me off that you don't get all the various coil adapters, rba and 510 adapter included, put the price up a few quid and include all that stuff, it avoids the frustration and aggro of sourcing those extra bits and pieces, which can quickly become unavailable, both in the UK and from China.

The Smoant Pasito II is an oddball device, perhaps made for oddballs like me, I will use this device a lot, whereas my Vaporesso Target PM80 just sits there unused, a flavourless vape - in direct comparison. I've been using the Pasito II everyday, since I received it a couple of weeks ago, that tells me all I need to know :D

Last edited:
Nice review mate. I really liked it as well, despite only using the stock coils. There's just something about the flavour and the draw (despite the slight rumble) that's really good.

Back
Top Bottom