What's new

Smok Alien Faults

Paint peeling looks like it's a result of poor paint choice on smoks part, does the alien get warm when you vape or charge the batteries in the mod (yes I seen you guys saying only charge externally but the fact of the matter is smok say it's fine to charge batteries in the mod and even use pass through) if it does warm up then a poor paint choice will turn to a gloopy rubbery consistency which will indeed peel. Disheartening to hear as I have just ordered one of these.

http://www.smoktech.com/kit/alien-kit

A little down clearly states "usb cable for charging/upgrading"

Screenshot_2017-06-30-14-20-06.png

Paint peeling looks like it's a result of poor paint choice on smoks part, does the alien get warm when you vape or charge the batteries in the mod (yes I seen you guys saying only charge externally but the fact of the matter is smok say it's fine to charge batteries in the mod and even use pass through) if it does warm up then a poor paint choice will turn to a gloopy rubbery consistency which will indeed peel. Disheartening to hear as I have just ordered one of these.
I'm told the latest versions have improved paintwork, so hopefully you'll be fine.

I have one, it lasted 3 months and now doesn't work. The screen dims when the fire button is pressed but it won't fire any coil on any tank. I haven't had much luck with box mods of late....

I have one, it lasted 3 months and now doesn't work. The screen dims when the fire button is pressed but it won't fire any coil on any tank. I haven't had much luck with box mods of late....
That is sad to hear, I'm sorry man. Best mod I've had to date was an innokin coolfire IV storm edition but even that broke, too many drops onto the floor or possible juice drips into button ruined my fire button. Now I'm using a kangertech mega sub vod. But it lacks the power to fire my velocity RDA so just using an I sub g on there. Can't wait for the alien to come (I think lol)

That is sad to hear, I'm sorry man. Best mod I've had to date was an innokin coolfire IV storm edition but even that broke, too many drops onto the floor or possible juice drips into button ruined my fire button. Now I'm using a kangertech mega sub vod. But it lacks the power to fire my velocity RDA so just using an I sub g on there. Can't wait for the alien to come (I think lol)

The best of it is i was only using it at home of an evening and if i went out so it had very little use. I had just previously bought the wismec 2/3 and it developed the loose wire inside the mod itself so it wouldn't work in both dual/tripple mode. I could have r eturned the wismec back to china but by the time i'd paid postage and waited to see what they said i sacked the idea off.
I then bought the joyetech evic dual and that had only been used 5 or 6 times and it won't recognise the batteries in dual mode......
I've gone back to using my smok r200 which has been bomb proof and used everyday for over a year.

Forgot to say.... I only ever charge batteries in my nitecore charger and that had been for all my box mods.

Forgot to say.... I only ever charge batteries in my nitecore charger and that had been for all my box mods.
Well I'll have no choice but to charge via USB and the mod itself as my charger won't come for another few days after. But like I posted above smok say that is fine. Interesting though as I read all different info regarding charging via USB and pass through. Guys saying they have done it and all is well, guys saying they wouldn't risk it.. well I will have to do both.

Back
Top Bottom