What's new

Smok Alien Faults

Yeah so ordered the smok alien, hope it don't peel. I will be charging the Samsung r25s in the mod for a couple days till I get my nitecore delivered and I'll be using passthrough while it is. Nuff said.

I am seriously thinking of unstocking these alien's, I have 7 of them in a row all with screen failure! Smok knows of the issue and does not want to take notice of the issue :/ let's hope they revive their reputation with the T-priv & 2/4 mod

Easy tiger. All done now. Smutty two coils get back in your gimp box.
Probably worth picking up a silicone skin for the alien as I know the paint has improved but it's still a natural born peeler I'm afraid.
Ahh even the new ones? :( Silicone is awfully grippy in a pocket.

I am seriously thinking of unstocking these alien's, I have 7 of them in a row all with screen failure! Smok knows of the issue and does not want to take notice of the issue :/ let's hope they revive their reputation with the T-priv & 2/4 mod
Screen failures? Noooo knew I should have bought the cool fire IV 18650 instead, only got the alien because of the 220watts then realised I ordered the wrong batteries to use it at 200plus watts, then saw paint peel issues now screen iasues:(

Yeah so ordered the smok alien, hope it don't peel. I will be charging the Samsung r25s in the mod for a couple days till I get my nitecore delivered and I'll be using passthrough while it is. Nuff said.

The newer versions we have in store have nae issues so far with peeling paint, but a lived in look means it is less likely to get nicked.

Might want to get a set of Samsung 30q cells for the thing, they, depending on chosen wattage might last a bit longer than the venerable old 25rs.

Sadly it is a shame because the mods perform spot on but they are also putting doubt in people's mind if we are stocking quality mods ... we usually stock stuff that will last rather than hype .... my v1 Alien paint might flake of but seriously this takes the mick!

The newer versions we have in store have nae issues so far with peeling paint, but a lived in look means it is less likely to get nicked.

Might want to get a set of Samsung 30q cells for the thing, they, depending on chosen wattage might last a bit longer than the venerable old 25rs.

I was thinking of getting some Sony vtc6 (they will go up to 200watts if I wanted to? I know I probably won't want to, just miffed at having a 200 plus mod but only been able to get to 100 watts max)

I went with the treebox plus back when they landed and I'm so glad I did. Same chip no finish problems. If you land one of the good ones it will be hard to beat at the price. But of in doubt go with a coolfire. Innokin has the fewest reported qc issues against sales for chinese mass produced mods I've been reliably informed and I've never had a single issue with any of the coolfire 4 range so I can believe it.

I went with the treebox plus back when they landed and I'm so glad I did. Same chip no finish problems. If you land one of the good ones it will be hard to beat at the price. But of in doubt go with a coolfire. Innokin has the fewest reported qc issues against sales for chinese mass produced mods I've been reliably informed and I've never had a single issue with any of the coolfire 4 range so I can believe it.
Lol my coolfire IV storm edition, (originally thought it would end up breaking because the non replaceable battery would stop holding charge) I actually managed to break my fire button (few drops onto floor, possible juice drips getting in there) stopped firing reliably then wouldn't fire at all one day. Shame I loved that mod.

Lol my coolfire IV storm edition, (originally thought it would end up breaking because the non replaceable battery would stop holding charge) I actually managed to break my fire button (few drops onto floor, possible juice drips getting in there) stopped firing reliably then wouldn't fire at all one day. Shame I loved that mod.
I've an original coolfire 4 that has to be over four years old and still holds a full day of charge.
Behave @Leni.

Back
Top Bottom