What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

Ok. So I rewicked. Cotton pretty loose in the coil and very lightly sat on the deck.

Tried the wicking test. After filling up the juice well and digging out the magnifying glass, I was expecting to see juice soaking up into the lovely fluffy cotton. 15 minutes later and still nothing.

I took one of the wicks out. Second pic shows that there is juice in the juice hole, but it's not going anywhere as there's no cotton actually in the juice hole.

After the failure of the wick test, I primed the coils anyway, stuck some juice in the tank and fired it up. I'm pleased to say that it's wicking well and is keeping up. Lovely flavour.

Now I've established that it does work, I'll stick another vertical build in. Not quite sure how I've gone wrong with the wicking test though. :(

Attachments

• 1455279728298.jpg
    1455279728298.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 1455280235742.jpg
    1455280235742.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 92
Try the wicking test but with the tank on and full without actually taking any pulls, gravity will push the liquid down and up through the holes.

After the failure of the wick test, I primed the coils anyway, stuck some juice in the tank and fired it up. I'm pleased to say that it's wicking well and is keeping up. Lovely flavour.
Fuck the wicking test, sounds like it's vaping fine. :D

That's odd ... what are you using for wicking?
Are filling up the well completely or just to the level of the deck? Fill it right to the top of the threads and keep topping it up once the wicks start sucking it up.
(Exactly what @justthisguyyouknow implies, the juice needs to find its level beyond the juice holes in the deck.)

... and more importantly, once you're vaping have the dry hits gone now?

That's odd ... what are you using for wicking?
Are filling up the well completely or just to the level of the deck? Fill it right to the top of the threads and keep topping it up once the wicks start sucking it up.
(Exactly what @justthisguyyouknow implies, the juice needs to find its level beyong the juice holes in the deck.)
I used my regular organic Japanese cotton on this one. It's definitely not the cotton. I did put quite a bit of juice in the well. It wasn't quite to the top, but pretty near. I'll try it again in my next build. Yes, no dry hits at all. :)

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1455310260.691852.jpg

Remember building dual twisted fused Clapton dragons. Went so well until the next day the wick stopped feeding and set fire to the cotton

Dual helix n80's have been my all time favourite looks wise. The vaping experience let it down somewhat

Anyone know of a UK vendor that has the black limited edition in stock? It's payday and my shinyitis is an critical mass. If I haven't found one in an hour I may have to betray you all for the griffin...

Edit: I'm so sorry guys, but I'm seeing another RTA now, she's younger and thinner and cooks dinner, she's mail-order and will arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom