What's new

Storing shortfills long term?

MTB Vaper

Postman
I've got a stock pile of 100ml shortfills mainly 70/30. For flavour and VG/PG preservation is the freezer good? I've room to store some in a freezer long term.

Best place for them, just make sure to let them completely warm up to room temperature and give them a damned good shake before you use them. I find for small amounts of liquid that don't really shake well, sucking them up a needle into a syringe and squirting them back into the bottle a few times is a good way to make sure they're mixed up.

I know the freezer is good to stop nicotine oxidation. Just wonder what it does to flavourings and i guess PG?

I'd leave them in a dark cool place, out of the freezer. Depends on how long you're looking to store them. I've vaped shortfills and liquid 5 years past it's best before. I had a flavour drop off with strawberry based ones, otherwise ok.

I am also building up a stock of my fav's in the freezer just in case. I would think the results would be similar to storing nic, of which i still have litres from pre-tpd times, It's as clear and smells the same as the day it went in, but fully accept the strength has probably dropped a little since then.

For oxidation, decomposition and so on you have 3 factors which are putting the kinetics of reaction:
1. Temperature: the higher temperature is -the faster decomposition. BUT: freezing is not recommended either. Chilled: yes, frozen - NO
2. Light. Pretty obvious, some reactions are UV or visible light depending so may initiate/accelerate in the presence of light. Darker = better.
3. Oxygen. Ambient air contains 20% of the oxygen which (slower or faster) WILL react with any organic compound. Personally, if I have a several bottles of the same type, I am filling them as much as possible. If I'm lucky: I will have no residues. If bad luck...well, I am trying to use this last one which is part filled only quicker.

Three rules simple to follow: chill (do not freeze), put it in a dark place (or dark bottle) and fill it to the cap minimizing the amount of the oxygen in the bottle.

im also building up a stash of shortfills & long fills mine are stored away in a wooden storage box in my lil box room/office ive placed the box right in front of an air brick to keep it cool, but shorties ive vaped that i bought 5 yrs ago & was fine, my new stash are un nic until i need them :)

had mine since tpd sitting on bench next to my computers and some 3mg from 2017 are still clear with no oxidization and taste great.

Back
Top Bottom