What's new

Sub Ohming high VG

lordkillington

Postman
Hi all,

I've found that PG gives me the worst sore throats imaginable. High VG (80% aqueous VG 20%, VG based flavourings) is working for me and I find I can sub ohm nicely on these juices. My question is what tanks and coils can wick this gloopy juice without burning coils out too quickly? I currently own a Cool Fire 4 plus, iSub Apex, Cortex TC 80w and iSub S tank. These seem to be ok with the 0.5 kanthal on the CF4 at 25-30w and the 0.4 Ti coils on the cortex in TC mode at 210C. Could I do better though with my existing mods? I don't mind buying another tank but I don't really want to shell out for another mod right now. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Could try the goblin mini, the aromamizer wicks anything I've put to it.

So 100% vg, ? I'd cut to the chase and grab a dripper or if you can drop to 80/20, loads of tanks will lap it up.

I use 80VG to 90VG juices almost exclusively. Steam crave tanks, aspire clieto, Squape reloaded, velocity v2, Atlantis all work fine without any issues. Found that for my own builds anything less than 3mm diameter builds gave me dry hits. Only use 3mm exclusively now for rda and rba builds. Cloud has a point, for weekends, rda's are damn hard to beat. Every weekend I get my velocity out but spend all my weekdays waiting until I can use it again. Steamcrave supreme is my Friday tank. Absolutely wicked vertical 3mm fused claptons at 0.35ohms

Indulgence mutank, prefers to wick 90vg than 80vg and 10% added water, I got dry hits with the water added. Simple to wick as well, muji (or jap puff) cut to the bottom of the juice channels and pushed in. No fluffing, thinning or messing around with the cotton required. The Mutank is perfect for high vg, too much pg or a thin juice and it leaks a fair bit, notably after filling.

Another +1 for Squape Reloaded or Squape R(s). Staggeringly easy to build and wick (in fact it would be a challenge to do a bad one), and I've not had a single dry hit in 6 months (probably over 180 tanks through it). I use 90% minimum VG, and one of my juices is thicker than condensed milk (literally).

Back
Top Bottom