What's new

Temperature Control (TC) a brief beginners guide

i think what will be happening is that it’s not actually doing any sensing of temperature changes, and you are effectively using power mode. dependant on your settings it will still work, it just won’t actually be controlling the temperature. what watts do you have it set to? somewhere around what you usually use in power mode?

It's definitely using temperature.

My mod has got a power mode but my display is showing TC-Ni and the buttons are only letting me change the temp up and down in 5 degree F increments. I'm too new to temp control so I can't explain it but it is definitely working.

It's been over a month since I read up about it online so I can't remember exactly what I saw but I seem to remember there were a couple of things that suggested I could use Ni80, one of which was the TCR charts.

I certainly wouldn't have even tried it if I hadn't seen enough to make me think Ni80 was OK to use.

It's definitely using temperature.

My mod has got a power mode but my display is showing TC-Ni and the buttons are only letting me change the temp up and down in 5 degree F increments. I'm too new to temp control so I can't explain it but it is definitely working.

It's been over a month since I read up about it online so I can't remember exactly what I saw but I seem to remember there were a couple of things that suggested I could use Ni80, one of which was the TCR charts.

I certainly wouldn't have even tried it if I hadn't seen enough to make me think Ni80 was OK to use.

the best way to test it out is to run your tank completely dry like @Rob says above. if it’s working it won’t burn the wick.

Interesting that you’re using the same wire that I have been using for the last month as I needed a change from my usual SS316L.
No doubt the “experts “ will say that it either can’t work or won’t work.
Strangely enough it does for me? I have a FeV with a Ni80 coil which is sitting on a Lost Vape Paranormal Dna250C.
I purposely ran it dry to see what would happen. It was exactly the same as when your battery dies. No burned wick.
So unless I am telling you fibs, it works.
My new SS316L has arrived and I have that in 3 other RTAs and the FeV is behaving exactly as are the SS316L :6:

What material do you have loaded in the profile (you may have to look in escribe)?

We are out so I will see tomorrow

I think I will leave you in Rob’s capable hands :2thumbsup: As I’ve only been vaping tc for a couple of years now, I’m a novice compared to him… And he’s never grumpy :18:

No quite the opposite Folks, TRUST what you hear from Zen, I dip in and out of TC. It's become more of a "thing" for me since my building has become such a trial, so anything that saves me doing that is a boon, hence my reverting back to TC.

Back
Top Bottom