NiFe52 (CWC): 0.00340
NiFe70 (CWC): 0.00500
Tungsten: 0.00450
Platinum: 0.00392
Nichrome: 0.00040
Gold: 0.00340
Iron: 0.00500
Silver: 0.00380

put out as everyone was trying TC when it first came out but there was actually no coils on the market at the time that used Ni & Ti and even SS was very limited.
My first mod was the Joyetech Evic Mini with an ego one atty. It came with 2 coils. One Ni200, the other Ti01.
I primarily use for temp, SS316L and not the regular SS316. Not sure if the SS316 TC values are the same as SS316L
If you look at steam-engine the non 'L' has very very slightly higher TCR
SS316L: 0.00092
SS316: 0.000915
Or here, the non 'L' has very very slightly lower TCR. In reality, too close to worry about. :)

Having posted a question in one of my own threads about TC settings, I think there is a lot of really helpul info in this guide. Thumbs Up @Vapaneezer Scrooge :2thumbsup:

Might I suggest it be stickied? Just a wee suggestion as I think it'd be helpful to newbies like me!

I thought this thread deserved a little bump. If like me you’re someone who has never tried using Temp Control (TC mode) before, It’s something that’s far easier than you might imagine and definitely worth trying.

As I’ve only been using TC mode for the last month I’m definitely not the site expert on it but I can’t get over how easy it was to use and how much better it is.

You’ll need to look up whether your mod and coils can work with temp control but if they can then it might be just a matter of changing one setting on your mod as I found.

The improvement has been so noticeable. TC mode constantly adjusts the power it uses depending on how your coil resistance changes so it always heats up to the right temperature. Once it gets there it pulses the power to maintain that temperature so your puffs will give you a far more consistent flavour. It also prevents the coil over heating so it slows down the build up of gunk so your coils and cotton will keep producing better flavour for longer.

I’m actually using Ni80 wire for my coils in the original 6ml Blotto RTA so all I had to do was switch my mod from wattage mode over to TC-Ni mode and then just bring the temp up until I found my sweet spot. Having checked first to make sure my Ni80 coils were suitable it was that simple.

Once you’ve made the change the up and down buttons on your mod simply go from changing wattage over to changing the temp but otherwise it is equally as simple to use.

Far more consistent nice flavour on your puffs.
Far less dry hits
Longer lasting coils and cotton as it really helps to slow down the amount of gunk build up.

If your setup is suitable for TC mode and you haven’t tried it you should definitely give it a go.

Ni80 is Nichrome not a TC Nickel coil btw...

As I'm new to using TC I don't know if there is a difference between TC mode and TCR mode when it comes to wire types but I found a couple of TCR resistance charts online that both included Ni80. I just changed my mod over to TC-Ni mode and it is definitely working just fine.

I do have some stainless steel wire but if the Ni80 wire I'm using works OK I'd rather stick with what I know works but obviously I'll bow to those who know nmore about TC than I do.

The true test will be when the tank runs dry, I suspect you'll be vaping burnt wick. Good on you for trying it, we are a dying breed, but I suggest sticking to known good wire types for TC, namely steel, nickel, titanium and resitherm.

The true test will be when the tank runs dry, I suspect you'll be vaping burnt wick. Good on you for trying it, we are a dying breed, but I suggest sticking to known good wire types for TC, namely steel, nickel, titanium and resitherm.

It was only after I'd been vaping that tank for 2 weeks that I finally founf it started tasting really burnt and needed to be changed. You never vape an RTA tank completely dry if you've got any sense though and for most of the time the taste lasted really well.

I think getting two weeks nice vaping out of one build is really good going and my batteries also lasted much longer between charges as well.

I did buy some stainless wire that I could use and I don't know why this Ni80 wire is working so well for me but it is so I'm going to stick with it simply because I've reached the point where I don't think I can possibly get my setup working any better than it is right now.

It was only after I'd been vaping that tank for 2 weeks that I finally founf it started tasting really burnt and needed to be changed. You never vape an RTA tank completely dry if you've got any sense though and for most of the time the taste lasted really well.

I think getting two weeks nice vaping out of one build is really good going and my batteries also lasted much longer between charges as well.

I did buy some stainless wire that I could use and I don't know why this Ni80 wire is working so well for me but it is so I'm going to stick with it simply because I've reached the point where I don't think I can possibly get my setup working any better than it is right now.

i think what will be happening is that it’s not actually doing any sensing of temperature changes, and you are effectively using power mode. dependant on your settings it will still work, it just won’t actually be controlling the temperature. what watts do you have it set to? somewhere around what you usually use in power mode?

Interesting that you’re using the same wire that I have been using for the last month as I needed a change from my usual SS316L.
No doubt the “experts “ will say that it either can’t work or won’t work.
Strangely enough it does for me? I have a FeV with a Ni80 coil which is sitting on a Lost Vape Paranormal Dna250C.
I purposely ran it dry to see what would happen. It was exactly the same as when your battery dies. No burned wick.
So unless I am telling you fibs, it works.
My new SS316L has arrived and I have that in 3 other RTAs and the FeV is behaving exactly as are the SS316L :6:

Back
Top Bottom