What's new

Temperature Control (TC) a brief beginners guide

Great post @Vapaneezer Scrooge

Back in the day i tried it a couple of times and it wasnt for me. After 7 years i think ive only ever had 2 dry hits in wattage using shop coils.
I will never forget the warning My E Pack put out as everyone was trying TC when it first came out but there was actually no coils on the market at the time that used Ni & Ti and even SS was very limited.
A lot of the high powered kits released even today have pre installd mostly Kanthal coils so i still try to warn new members to do some homework and check which coil is installed before trying TC but the posts ive seen over the years is always questions after theve tried TC and it was always with the wrong coil.

I miss My E Pack this was the shop that started my vape journey :(

I miss My E Pack this was the shop that started my vape journey :(
Same here fella. first ever istick30 and mini nautilus bought from them that started me on my real vaping journey afte the sky cig/blu cig a likes and ego pen.

That is a very good write up on a how too for TC. I have re read it twice now and looks good, but @John R is the one to ask!

I did read it, nothing to add as an intro, maybe mentioning the cold resistance and calibration to set the default resistance is a bit too in-depth.

excellent post , but i still struggle with the microwave oven & forget setting the clock on our cooker..

Same RTA, different Mod and yes, it works!

I primarily use for temp, SS316L and not the regular SS316. Not sure if the SS316 TC values are the same as SS316L for 25AWG.

Plus a lot of my mods only support SS316 and not the SS316L so knowing the TC/TCR values will of SS316L will help.

Back
Top Bottom