What's new

Tester wanted for: SERIES B DNA 75 (new sandstorm 25mm version)

You see this is what I don't understand, I have very few problems with TC and when I do it's always down to build, wicking or not registering a cold resistance properly.

I cant understand it either mate , it has baked my noodle for over a year. Ive carefully done each step as it should be done many times and always the same results ... a great vape to start with and then it goes south ... maybe my hands are too cold ;)

the first puff is perfect and quite big cloud and no warning and second puff it pops up. primed coil well and juice has been sitting in tank for about 30 minutes. battery is on about half now so would that make a difference?
thanks as always for the advice mate.
I know you love your tanks, have you got a cleito in your collection? They work really well in tc with their ss316 coils, im using one at the moment [emoji4]

I cant understand it either mate , it has baked my noodle for over a year. Ive carefully done each step as it should be done many times and always the same results ... a great vape to start with and then it goes south ... maybe my hands are too cold ;)
Starting great and going weak and cold is usually a sign of too much wick, you need less than in power mode - or more precisely power mode lets you get away with far more than TC does, it should be just enough to have only slight resistance as it's pulled through the coil.

Starting great and going weak and cold is usually a sign of too much wick, you need less than in power mode - or more precisely power mode lets you get away with far more than TC does, it should be just enough to have only slight resistance as it's pulled through the coil.

yeah I know mate , over the past year ive tried literally hundreds of coil builds /wicking methods and always the same results. When the vape goes weak I check the build and everything is fine , wick nice and saturated e.t.c it makes no sense

thanks for all the replies guys. will try and answer as much as i can as my head is still mushed up with work.

just to check have you updated the firmware as I know there were a few issues with this in the old firmware? Could that be the issue?
Hi Andrew. i downloaded escribe from link posted by i think tubby on this thread earlier. its
version 1.2 SP5.2

Make sure it's on the latest firmware - but the first ouff being good means the TC is working, a second cooler weaker puff with a warning means the wick is starting to dry out quickly, battery level should make no difference whatsoever. This looks horribly like overwicked stock coil - that or your juice is too thick to wick quickly with that coil, you could try the old poke it with a pin routine and see if that helps...
thanks mate. im using the jac 0.15 and used dinner lady 70/30 and special brew sour blue sorbet which is 80/20. ill go back to 70/30 and try again. first puff today was the same and second puff protection.

It's not so much the features as the wicking - good wicking is essential with TC - The Prime works gloriously in TC mode with a 50/50 home mixed...:2thumbsup:
only 50/50 ive got now is da bush and 11 11 which are only used in my mtl nautilus and triton 2

pheww, and there was me thinking i was the only one :)

I know you love your tanks, have you got a cleito in your collection? They work really well in tc with their ss316 coils, im using one at the moment [emoji4]
ive not used the cleito for a while. ive got 2 but only the 0.2 and 0.4 original coils. ive not got any 0.4 ss coils.
i have got 1 crown ni200 coil so ill try that next.

at the moment ive got 40w, 450F, preheat 50w for 1 second. ohms locked is un ticked and temperature dominant is ticked whatever that is.

Right after all this TC talk, I thought I'd get stuck in put an 8 wrap think 24ga ss316 dual coil on my peerless once I've put nice in the juice I'll give it a go and see if I can get this to work, I've only really used TC once before on a fused Clapton and it was alright a fair but if constant faffing so we'll see this time [emoji106]

1514037888834.jpeg

Right after all this TC talk, I thought I'd get stuck in put an 8 wrap think 24ga ss316 dual coil on my peerless once I've put nice in the juice I'll give it a go and see if I can get this to work, I've only really used TC once before on a fused Clapton and it was alright a fair but if constant faffing so we'll see this time [emoji106]

View attachment 147529
That looks like it should do the business...

thanks for all the replies guys. will try and answer as much as i can as my head is still mushed up with work.

Hi Andrew. i downloaded escribe from link posted by i think tubby on this thread earlier. its
version 1.2 SP5.2

thanks mate. im using the jac 0.15 and used dinner lady 70/30 and special brew sour blue sorbet which is 80/20. ill go back to 70/30 and try again. first puff today was the same and second puff protection.

only 50/50 ive got now is da bush and 11 11 which are only used in my mtl nautilus and triton 2

pheww, and there was me thinking i was the only one :)

ive not used the cleito for a while. ive got 2 but only the 0.2 and 0.4 original coils. ive not got any 0.4 ss coils.
i have got 1 crown ni200 coil so ill try that next.

at the moment ive got 40w, 450F, preheat 50w for 1 second. ohms locked is un ticked and temperature dominant is ticked whatever that is.
Temperature dominant means it shows Temp in big numbers when using TC - and that is what adjusts using the primary up down mode as opposed to the locked and hold up down mode...

Ok I have joined the loose top magnet club as well. But it's the only fault I have had with mine. Been using for nearly 2 weeks solid now and I love it

Back
Top Bottom