What's new

Tester wanted for: SERIES B DNA 75 (new sandstorm 25mm version)

Yep, I've had the top magnet come out too - @JAC Vapour, Time to give the QC elves a talking too maybe? 3 different magnets is a 10% failure rate, not a serious problem but one you should be made aware of...

Yup we already adjusted for this, it's a bit annoying as we had the same issue with the first small batch of the 22mm, so the production line has been re-trained and adjusted on this. Strangely it hasn't effected any of our customers (online), or at least they haven't notified us, it may be they are just gluing them back in though and not contacting us. Anyway, it should be sorted on the next production batch and this was just a small initial batch, which we've sold very quickly. I think it does demonstrate the benefit of a decent size test group prior to full production, albeit I'd obviously rather things like this didn't happen, test groups can act as a very effective failsafe.

I've got a Series B DNA 75W - it's now my only working DNA mod. The paint on the base and around the display window has gone - but it has worked perfectly from day one. There are acouple of drawbacks 1. Narrow base - can easily fall over - so it can be a tank breaker. 2. The DNA75 board has a 6V limit so the maximum resistance is around 0.6R - keep below and it's not a problem.
I prefer the display to the DNA 75C display - colour displays are a bit of a gimmick - the black background turns blue at any viewing angle other than straight on. I'm quite happy to use Escribe to set the profile for each coil. Why Evolv put the 'Monitor' graphs on the display I've no idea.
So @JAC Vapour well done - I hope that the 'Storm' will be a success. Next time look at the DNA60 board - the same performance as the DNA75C but without the 'C' - 9V range and better performance IMHO.

I've got a Series B DNA 75W - it's now my only working DNA mod. The paint on the base and around the display window has gone - but it has worked perfectly from day one. There are acouple of drawbacks 1. Narrow base - can easily fall over - so it can be a tank breaker. 2. The DNA75 board has a 6V limit so the maximum resistance is around 0.6R - keep below and it's not a problem.
I prefer the display to the DNA 75C display - colour displays are a bit of a gimmick - the black background turns blue at any viewing angle other than straight on. I'm quite happy to use Escribe to set the profile for each coil. Why Evolv put the 'Monitor' graphs on the display I've no idea.
So @JAC Vapour well done - I hope that the 'Storm' will be a success. Next time look at the DNA60 board - the same performance as the DNA75C but without the 'C' - 9V range and better performance IMHO.

Thanks for the feedback, just to let you know we did guarantee the finish under the warranty of 6 months, if you feel it's not lasted well, you can contact CS and get the device replaced, I think potentially the 60 will also go to the 60C, so when that happens we may put it in a device.

Temp protection is flashing because your temp is set too low for the wattage, increase the temp and keep increasing it until you get the kind of vape you're after.
The temp protected just means it's reached the set temp, Increase the temp to 450 for a start and set wattage to 40w or 50w, Unlike with power mode you need to make sure you have a little MORE power than you really need - TC will take care of the throttling back to ensure it doesn't burn...
thanks guys.
so its ok setting the wattage higher than the recommended 25-35w for the 0.5 coil. im learning (slowly) thanks.

Never tried TC on a stock coil but for @MrDJ i wonder if using the "no preheat" setting might be better... is the coil overheating because it's getting the full 75w pre heat punch and then throttling right back to nothing?

Never tried TC on a stock coil but for @MrDJ i wonder if using the "no preheat" setting might be better... is the coil overheating because it's getting the full 75w pre heat punch and then throttling right back to nothing?
good point. ive got the wattage coil in at the moment but will try againg tomorrow with the TC.
i did see the preheat on escribe the other day but im sure it wasnt changeable and greyed out.
im keeping my fingers crossed i dont get called in tonight or tomorrow so i can have a serious go with this great mod and start filling out the form. work has sadly overtaken my life in the last 3 weeks and its not through choice. im now covering 2 others who are off until the new year.

good point. ive got the wattage coil in at the moment but will try againg tomorrow with the TC.
i did see the preheat on escribe the other day but im sure it wasnt changeable and greyed out.
im keeping my fingers crossed i dont get called in tonight or tomorrow so i can have a serious go with this great mod and start filling out the form. work has sadly overtaken my life in the last 3 weeks and its not through choice. im now covering 2 others who are off until the new year.
If preheat was greyed out it most likely means the mod was in power mode or didn't recognise the coil as TC material...

well that was good timing. just put a new wattage coil in last night and just got a dry hit as thought the tank was full and it was empty DOH!
i was wrong @Tubbyengineer pre heat was on 75w and it did recognise the 0.15 tc coil
tc back in and your right, pre heat was default on 75watt. power was 55watt and 425F

so im now going to try as suggested. 40w, 450F but and ill change pre heat to 50w for 1sec
time to experiment.
after first puff temp protected again :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom