What's new

The mother of all vapers tongue - help!

Hahaha no offence taken.

I do indeed keep on top of it. Brush three times a day. Use mouthwash, tongue scraper and floss.

I can’t think of anything else to try either.

Absolutely stumped here then, you've covered everything!!

Absolutely stumped here then, you've covered everything!!

Tbh I figured that but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I give up.

I can’t keep throwing money at it and seeing no return.

So I suppose I either give up, or buy some mental menthol and accept the fact I’m stuck with a vague mint flavour.

It’s just an idea but after you have a filled your mouth with vape inhale with your mouth open or through nose so you get air in as well, If that makes sense x I have suffered for 2-3 years with bad taste and smell and never had covid, but if I do this technique I taste the vape better. Not perfect but better than no flavour.
Also if I drink too much coffee my taste disappears x so plenty of water for me (bloody boring)
And you probably have done it but try adjusting air flow .
Hopefully you find a solution, if you do plz let us all know x

It’s just an idea but after you have a filled your mouth with vape inhale with your mouth open or through nose so you get air in as well, If that makes sense x I have suffered for 2-3 years with bad taste and smell and never had covid, but if I do this technique I taste the vape better. Not perfect but better than no flavour.
Also if I drink too much coffee my taste disappears x so plenty of water for me (bloody boring)
And you probably have done it but try adjusting air flow .
Hopefully you find a solution, if you do plz let us all know x

Thanks for the suggestion.

I vape DTL so dont hold the vape in my mouth.

I’ve honestly tried everything airflow and tank wise I can think of. Wide open. Almost closed. I even ordered an MTL tank to try that as I thought maybe DTL was causing it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I vape DTL so dont hold the vape in my mouth.

I’ve honestly tried everything airflow and tank wise I can think of. Wide open. Almost closed. I even ordered an MTL tank to try that as I thought maybe DTL was causing it.
If u figure it out lemme know.

I’ve just had a quick look on line and a few suggestions are

Room temperature water not cold
Ginger - eating or added to water
Whole milk
Smelling coffee beans- jar of coffee
Apple cider vinegar added to water/squash
Just smelling menthol/Vicks
Citrus fruit / can again be added to water
Eating plain crackers

some explain that it’s not always your taste it’s sense of smell too that needs kicking back in to gear.
I have not tried these myself but I think I will try some as a few are good for you anyway like fruit and ginger x but anything is worth a shot x
If you try any let us know your results x off to shop for me for lemons limes and ginger, and maybe stick my nose in the coffee jar on way lol xx

I’ve just had a quick look on line and a few suggestions are

Room temperature water not cold
Ginger - eating or added to water
Whole milk
Smelling coffee beans- jar of coffee
Apple cider vinegar added to water/squash
Just smelling menthol/Vicks
Citrus fruit / can again be added to water
Eating plain crackers

some explain that it’s not always your taste it’s sense of smell too that needs kicking back in to gear.
I have not tried these myself but I think I will try some as a few are good for you anyway like fruit and ginger x but anything is worth a shot x
If you try any let us know your results x off to shop for me for lemons limes and ginger, and maybe stick my nose in the coffee jar on way lol xx

Thank you! I appreciate you having a Google.

I’ve tried the room temp water, pickled ginger, coffee, menthol/Vicks, citrus fruit and crackers.

I do actually think it’s to do with my sense of smell. I suffer with chronic migraines and when I have a migraine everything smells strange, for example tomato smells like gas. I use olbas oil when my head is bad as it’s strong enough to mask the smells and in turn help the nausea.

I don’t seem to have any issues with food though. That all smells and taste the same [emoji2368].

Thank you! I appreciate you having a Google.

I’ve tried the room temp water, pickled ginger, coffee, menthol/Vicks, citrus fruit and crackers.

I do actually think it’s to do with my sense of smell. I suffer with chronic migraines and when I have a migraine everything smells strange, for example tomato smells like gas. I use olbas oil when my head is bad as it’s strong enough to mask the smells and in turn help the nausea.

I don’t seem to have any issues with food though. That all smells and taste the same [emoji2368].

Damn you really have tried loads x i too can take a few pulls on vape and by the third I can’t taste it, I can taste the wick if starT to dry hit , I can eat a bowl of say soup and not taste it by the end of bowl and my sense of smell is also on and off mainly off which can be good at timesso I really do understand the frustration you have. I have to have at least 2 tanks on go with very different flavours in so I atleast get some flavour x

Damn you really have tried loads x i too can take a few pulls on vape and by the third I can’t taste it, I can taste the wick if starT to dry hit , I can eat a bowl of say soup and not taste it by the end of bowl and my sense of smell is also on and off mainly off which can be good at timesso I really do understand the frustration you have. I have to have at least 2 tanks on go with very different flavours in so I atleast get some flavour x

My taste has been off for the past couple of weeks. Think it may be down to hay fever currently.

i think if it was me in this situation i would just ditch it. no point getting stressed out about it imo.

Back
Top Bottom