What's new

The MTL all things pods and aio thread.

just in case anyone is interested, I cancelled the FT ratel because they put the shipping date back three times, ordered from ECO, got it today and I'm really impressed so far. Single coil deck is really easy to build on, little 2.5m id MTL clapton coil in there at 30w and its lovely.

IMG-3833.jpg

IMG-3836.jpg
can it do a decent mtl? and is the tip changeable?

can it do a decent mtl? and is the tip changeable?

yeah it’s a standard 510 tip. I changed the one that was with it as I prefer a wider bore tip.

it’s restricted lung or lose MTL. But I’ve not really tested the MTL as I prefer restricted lung hits.

the airflow is adjustable and there’s a third screw in the deck you can remove for more airflow or leave in for less.

All the reviews I watched had terrible door rattle too. But mind doesn’t. There is rattle but it’s not anywhere near as bad as the reviews.

looked like 40 odd where i saw it. however somewhere will likely be selling it for 15 quid in a month or so.

it’s not much of a looker either like @rew says.

Reminds me of the itaste mvp3, I'm used to brick like structures, for a mod. 6ml capacity, a 2ml tpd version might look a bit odd, they'll probably ram the 6ml pod full of silicone to reduce capacity to 2ml and it will be a horrid vape.

Okay. Maybe a bit premature with the praise. It’s leaking like a sieve every time I refill.

I used one of the included MTL claptons. Flavour is great but when I refilled it dumped the entire tank out the air flow holes. So I thought not enough cotton. Re-wicked. Same thing again. Entire tank dumped out the airflow when I refilled (Second time I didn’t put a whole tank in).

Completely stripped it down again. Cleaned it and checked all the o-rings. Then rebuilt the head. Instead of a 2.5m coil I used a 3m ID coil. Packed the cotton in so tight it moved the coil if I pulled.

And same thing again. Just refilled and it’s dumped the tank. I can’t physically get any more cotton in. Not sure what to do tbh.

Okay. Maybe a bit premature with the praise. It’s leaking like a sieve every time I refill.

I used one of the included MTL claptons. Flavour is great but when I refilled it dumped the entire tank out the air flow holes. So I thought not enough cotton. Re-wicked. Same thing again. Entire tank dumped out the airflow when I refilled (Second time I didn’t put a whole tank in).

Completely stripped it down again. Cleaned it and checked all the o-rings. Then rebuilt the head. Instead of a 2.5m coil I used a 3m ID coil. Packed the cotton in so tight it moved the coil if I pulled.

And same thing again. Just refilled and it’s dumped the tank. I can’t physically get any more cotton in. Not sure what to do tbh.

Have a look on here, someone had the same problem:-

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/mechlyfe-ratel-xs-vs-dotmod-aio.931407/

Unfortunately I don’t think they came up with a solution so maybe you need to return it.

Back
Top Bottom