What's new

The new UK government consultation form. Please everyone get involved.

Shaun OD

Initiate
The UK Government consultation form is here. The government are planning on massive price hikes on eliquids in the form of tax. Please fill out the forms and share far and wide. If you are a company please have it advertised in stores and send out newsletters and share on your social media pages.

I'm certainly going to have a good read through to see if I can contribute anything to this but first indications seem to be that this is far more of a technical consultation aimed at the trade. I'm just a single individual vaper who doesn't work in the trade so I'll decide after I've finished reading.

Downloaded. 49 pages of reading then the form itself of 15 pages is discouraging a bit, but... OK, let's do it.

143% price increase on 10ml eliquids containing 11mg nic or more.

I opened the response template and there appears to be no way to actually fill it in. :doh:

publishing a consultation in pdf format is a deliberate attempt to limit responses. even a word file. consultation should be built into a web form you can submit online to maximise accessibility.

It's a Word document (not PDF) which usually means downloading it and then opening it in a compatible office/word app.
In my case, I downloaded it and opened it in LibreOffice Writer.

There may be a suitable Browser extension for .docx Word documents...
There may be a suitable Smartphone app for .docx Word documents...
If you have Gmail or Outlook then online Google docs or Microsoft docs might be suitable...
:)

PS: The pdf form on the site is the Consultation Document... the response form is a separate Word document... I think...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom