What's new

The Rise of Pod Systems

@JustDave - The refillable pod systems I've used thus far have been average at best :-/ The Sourin Air was probably the closest I could get to a satisfying MTL, but it was still a bit of a loose draw. Avoid the Limitless Pulse at all costs. I have a friend that uses the Envii Fitt but that has an even looser draw than the Sourin Air to me. The only other options I know of are the Hoxton Click and the Kimsun, neither of which I can comment on. It's a shame the MyJet didn't get released over here, I used that on holiday in the US and it was great.

If he's absolutely dead set on a pod system, try the Sourin Air or try and talk him round on the iCare 2 (or tell him to just buy a Bo One and pods - Best MTL pod system I've ever used). If he's looking for something of a similar size, but gives a better quality vape and is easier to use (and cheaper), tell him to get the Aspire K1 starter kit. It's a cracker :)

The Sourin is a new one to me. Will check that out. The K1 is out as he has a habit of dropping things, hence why he liked the all inclusive aspect of the iCare. The BO is the only one I have and he has tried it but wasn’t keen. He is an awkward bugger but at least he is doing a bit of his own research this time. I am just looking for options for him.

The Sourin is a new one to me. Will check that out. The K1 is out as he has a habit of dropping things, hence why he liked the all inclusive aspect of the iCare. The BO is the only one I have and he has tried it but wasn’t keen. He is an awkward bugger but at least he is doing a bit of his own research this time. I am just looking for options for him.

Fair enough :) There are a couple I forgot about that might also be worth looking at?

The Vaporesso Aurora? Supposed to be decent and looks super rugged. Not a fan but maybe he would be? https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-aurora-vape-starter-kit - Phil Busardo seemed to think it was decent, and his opinion seems to be pretty accurate on the whole.

Also, the Rovape Warlock Peas is refillable.

I'll leave the experts to provide some feedback on anything else!

Thought that this would be the best place to ask, so here goes.

Friend at work has been using the Eleaf iCare mini for about 6/8 months but after going through 2 of them, both of which have started auto-firing on him, (plus the coils being a bit hit and miss), he is looking for a similar style replacement.

He was looking at the Aspire Breeze but as far as I know it is quite an airy draw which is not what he was looking for. The iCare 2 has been ruled out because of the previous issues.

The requirements are refillable off the shelf, without fettling. Either pods or coils style. Easily available in the uk. Something a little larger than the Eleaf would be good as he has hands like shovels. Must be tight-ish MtL style.

Any recs? @dansus @Huggett or anyone else.

Cheers.

Edit: Penguin is not an option as he tried mine and hated it.

Hmm, refillable.

I’d say the Aspire Breeze there then, I’ve got a few pod systems but only easy refill is the Breeze.

Nice little thing, bigger & heavier than the iCare.

The Sourin air although slim and great to use, can be a leaky fucker.

Hmm, refillable.

I’d say the Aspire Breeze there then, I’ve got a few pod systems but only easy refill is the Breeze.

Nice little thing, bigger & heavier than the iCare.

The Sourin air although slim and great to use, can be a leaky fucker.

Is there anything you can do to it to reduce the airflow? I seem to recall reading somewhere that you could, along with rumoured 1.2 coils but I can’t put my finger on where. If it is possible then it does seem to tick all the boxes.

@Huggett - Sorry to derail, but how is the draw on the Aspire Gusto Mini? Friend of mine is asking but I've not used it before.

Is there anything you can do to it to reduce the airflow? I seem to recall reading somewhere that you could, along with rumoured 1.2 coils but I can’t put my finger on where. If it is possible then it does seem to tick all the boxes.

Yeah there’s rumours of the 1.2 Coils, yet to see them come to light yet though. Only way to restrict airflow would be tape currently

@Huggett - Sorry to derail, but how is the draw on the Aspire Gusto Mini? Friend of mine is asking but I've not used it before.

Not sure buddy, not used one myself but plenty of members of SV such as @South Coast Vaper love that device

If I am thinking of the right one I tried it on the Elements stand at Expo with some Ns20. Pretty open draw to me, but I would suspect most would describe it as a slightly restricted lung hit. Blew my bloody head off. Total nic rush.

If I am thinking of the right one I tried it on the Elements stand at Expo with some Ns20. Pretty open draw to me, but I would suspect most would describe it as a slightly restricted lung hit. Blew my bloody head off. Total nic rush.

Most likely thinking of the correct one, Aspire and Elements designed it together for the NS20 range.

The requirements are refillable off the shelf, without fettling. Either pods or coils style. Easily available in the uk.
Refillable options are limited. Sourin Drop, Nasty Provape, WEHE COMPAK ULTRA, Mi-Pod, Envii Fitt off the top of my head.

Will post more options if ive forgotten anything. > Warlock Peas

Last edited:
Found this on my travels.
pod-systems.jpg

Back
Top Bottom