What's new

The variAnt at £600 is this the ultimate connoisseur kit ?

They do a slim version that doesn't even come with a battery or charger.
Iirc someone did a review of a mod that goes up to 200 watts for about a quarter of the price of the variant.

i honestly thought it was taking the piss....but....had a read up, and a looky at the vid.....and......

for that sort of money, id expect more then that....the way the battery come out with that stupid little wire going into the board was like a remote controlled car....that was proper shit...and send back to get a firmware upgrade? you can fuck right off.....

sorry to some of you elitist wankers :D but that is a load of bollocks.... :D

If i were a real connoisseur i would know good wine from a bad regardless of the price tag.

But just think.....You could be elite with this, then look down your nose at "Ordinary" vapers....I'm sure that for some that would justify the cost price.....bragging rights....

I expect the gales of scornful laughter ringing in their ears when they whip this out at Vapefest will take the shine off that pretty quick.

I can just about see this at £300, but only just. But really, PWM regulation? And weedy battery life? At half the price, you'd still not be getting very much for your money *except* bragging rights. At £600, I think even amongst the few who would recognize what you had in your hand, a majority would be thinking: mug.

I don't think I'd even thank you for a clone of this thing - I wouldn't want people thinking I was daft enough to buy an original.

I'm often of the mindset that if there's an item i genuinely want for my own tastes & reasons i will buy it, never because it's the next big thing or to compete or rush to the front of the queue. A good considered purchase is worth the extra expense & pays you back in service, to me those nice items are worth every penny i spend.
I have my limits where this mod is concerned & i'll admit the price is an instant put-off for me Vs what it is, i can't justify it but that's ok because it's not the money that's the important factor in buying an item, it's all about weather or not i really want it.
I'm buying a mech right now & that to me is excellent value because i really like the thing, the money is spent & i'll earn some more of the same evil booty but the mod will outlive the next cash income. That's the crux, there's nothing wrong with shedding out a bigger price for a good product if you do it for the right reasons, weather it's a £20 drip tip or a £300 mod.
I'd be interested in hearing from a genuine owner of this device & seeing if they thought it was worth the price tag. Not from a reviewer but someone who went like "Oh shit, that's amazing, i have to have it"

I've watched the video at todds reviews and have to say that the SS body is certainly well machined, In fact, I can't find a fault with it, the circuit board is simply that, a circuit board....and for the quality of the wiring?? well all i can say is it leaves a lot to be desired at the kind of prices that are being bandied about.

I can certainly agree that there are still some out there who will buy this for the rarity value....but no doubt they will start appearing in the classies of various forums once the next big thing (fashion statement) gets released.

That's something about vaping that I don't really like, (having to keep up with the jones) and I must admit I'm a victim of shinyitis as much as anyone else here, but there's no way I'd spend that amount of money for a mod that can fire even at 120 watts, as i'm happy enough at 9 watts

To those that think it's worth that kind of money, I feel sorry for you....I can think of loads of other good quality original mods that I'd rather spend that kind of cash on....

IMO it looks like something futuristic from Apple, if this was in the UK for the price of a Mech clone from FastTech, I would...

Pick a clone from Fasttech

Sent From Within A Plume Of Vapour...

Back
Top Bottom