What's new

The variAnt at £600 is this the ultimate connoisseur kit ?

ah yes you say , £600 that will keep the riff raff out of reach
sending it all the way back to vicious ant for firmware upgrade ooo err yes please, forget about doing it yourself, thats mugs work.

how else could we tick off those unable to have one.

ah but of course!! let them save their pennies and try for one. but we will make the front entirely glass. could you imagine their faces if it scratched ! mwahaha weve got it !

the variAnt

strictly for connoissers !

1451570_623412087747687_6626571761780581420_n-450x600.jpg

( rather have the Valkyrie tbh :P )

Wrong on so many levels, mods are too expensive already that just takes the piss.

I think that a lot of chips are cloned a lot anyway. When i was messing around with synths there were issues with the demand for certain models with that specific sound but the companies like Roland & Yamaha were saying that those chips were just no longer available. The next thing that happened was the famous tb303 was cloned by someone, chips redesigned, & released as an open source project. It went off like a rocket & still sells some years on.
Other really good units have been withdrawn from sale after only a year because of non available chips.
Cloning the old ones makes a lot of sense if they were good, preserving good programming.

I like my chips with salt 'n' vinegar.

sorry should or read the whole thread before posting, still no from me.

dont know why your apologizing , your comment was entirely correct. and tbh id be amazed if the vast majority of folk didnt agree with you. i know i do. BRING ON THE HANA MODZ CLONE !

why arent you a mod maker damn it ! with this kind of thinking youd have us all vaping awesome !

Lack of skill (or even any practice - I might be naturally gifted ;) ), time and money to knock something up really. I have fired up AutoCAD a few times and my brother in law is a CAD designer so we were going to get our heads together, I design something and he puts it into CAD for me while showing me the shortcuts I don't know about.

The issue thereafter is as Mawsley says, you go two routes and one has value to me while the other doesn't really. Either make the prototypes by hand, learning all the foibles of the design and adjusting as you go then going down the handcrafted route to offer a true high end mod - or - prototype it a little by hand and work out the kinks so it will go through CNC for production then churn it out with no heart and soul to try and cash in on the game.

In either case you have to remember that whatever the mean current market price of the high end mod market is you should add £10 or £20 (Dollars and Euros are applicable in this conversion too) to force the price up just that little bit higher, forgetting the way businesses used to price which was costs+manufacture+markup = fair price.

I am disillusioned with the so called ' high end ' mod market - can you tell?

Yup,

It's when you pick up your iphone by mistake and trying to suck the top of it...

Think it's a nice bit of kit - expensive yes but different to everyone else - can't blame VA for being creative :)

Think it's a nice bit of kit - expensive yes but different to everyone else - can't blame VA for being creative :)

It isn't creative apart from the pricing though. It is an overpriced,oversized box mod made with inferior components(inferior battery,circuit board & cables)and some supplier in the UK is definitely trying to cash in on the e-cig market with the mental £600 sticker price.

It isn't creative apart from the pricing though. It is an overpriced,oversized box mod made with inferior components(inferior battery,circuit board & cables)and some supplier in the UK is definitely trying to cash in on the e-cig market with the mental £600 sticker price.

A multi-million pound up and coming emerging market where people crave,fight and get upset about not buying the 'latest' item.

Hmm I wonder why there might be companies looking to get a nice piece of the pie

;)

We may not all see it on a daily basis but there's still a lot of money sloshing around out there. - With buyers who will buy. Wait till they make these things wi-fi compatible ! You heard it here first lol.

Back
Top Bottom