What's new

Thelema Quest 200w

DaveVapes

Postman
I purchased the mod from Rainbow Vapes in the UK. On my first use of the device I noticed the batteries were draining unevenly, 77% to 91% from full charge. This is a matched pair of Molicells that perform very well in all my other mods. I'm not sure if this is an idiosyncrasy with the Thelema, something normal or a fault on my device.

I raised the issue with Rainbow Vapes, asking for a refund as I'm not happy to use it. They sent me a long email explaining how this is normal for a dual battery mods and have refused me a refund.

Buyer beware

When I had a Quest 200W one battery would always show around 7% lower than the other. It did with a matched pair of Sony batteries and matched pair of Samsung batteries.

The same batteries still do the same in my Gen 200, although that doesn't show percentage as numerical value.

It's never bothered me to be honest.

I’ve read that this is quite common in dual battery mods. One battery is nearer the chip than the other and the chip isn’t designed to account for that. Don’t know how much truth there is in that.

A bit of Googling brings up this explanation from Mooch, who is pretty much the authority on vape batteries:

1715251288097.png

In other words, I think that means don't worry about it.

It sounds as though I'm just over thinking it. You know what it's like with a new bit of kit. Thank you, that puts myind at ease

It sounds as though I'm just over thinking it. You know what it's like with a new bit of kit. Thank you, that puts myind at ease

I know exactly what you mean.

I did see it suggested to write A&B on your batteries and then swap them round in the mod every so often, but I don't know if that's taking it too far.

Switch the batteries around and see if the disparity moves with the battery or stays in the same position after a full charge ? - not sure what it'll tell you but might be instructive.

Am assuming a paired pair of batteries from new ?

For the record, my Thelema Quest 2x18650 has always been slightly different but only by single digits, and not many of them.

I've put it to one side for now and gone back to my Smoant Battlestar, there's a blast from the past. I'll have a play with it and see if the discrepancy moves with the batteries. I have 3 pairs of batteries that I rotate, they are always used in pairs and don't have issues in other mods.

I was hoping to return it to be honest as I'm not really very happy with it but Rainbow Vapes have refused to accept a return.

I'd expect a little variance in voltage between the batteries but 14% seems very high to me, and the difference was increasing steadily as I used it.

I know exactly what you mean.

I did see it suggested to write A&B on your batteries and then swap them round in the mod every so often, but I don't know if that's taking it too far.
I guess I go way too far then, mine get re-wrapped and numbered on purchase eg. A1&2, B1&2 for pairs and Z, Y etc going backwards for singles, and I keep a document with the date they were 'born', what mAh they're supposed to have originally and sadly enough, the reported mAh after each charge.

err... I'll get me anorak :)

Back
Top Bottom