What's new

Three European countries suspend use of Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine

Just as a point of interest.

The wife's Department of Invasive Homeopathy and Reiki at Big Hospital has just shut down today because a bunch of staff who had the Pfizer jab way back when all tested positive for C19 this morning.

That's cracking news, eh.
No, not great but if they all have extremely mild symptoms or are asymptomatic then it could be worse.

Data seems to suggest AZ vaccine is slightly better at reducing transmission. There's still going to be cases tho regardless of which vaccine has been used. As long as hospitalisations and deaths drop to non-existent numbers it's still a win. IMHO.

The whole dept is being tested en masse tomorrow first thing.
Tbh, that's my biggest gripe over the entire lockdown. Testing. Seems it was decided very early on that it was an impossible task so not worth persuing. Until it finally dawned that without it we're totally blind to what's going on. Plus the fact people were "asked" to self isolate. They shouldn't have been asking, they should have been demanding backed up by legislation with severe consequences for those who ignored the instruction. If they'd got that right early then who knows where we'd be today with number of fatalities. Happy to see the high testing capacity available now and the blanket testing and better late than never but still. Could've made such a big difference if done properly from the start.

I see in Europe that several of the countries that have had minimal vaccinations done, are experiencing high levels of infections again.

I think Italy is the worst, with some people describing it as a third wave.

I see in Europe that several of the countries that have had minimal vaccinations done, are experiencing high levels of infections again.

I think Italy is the worst, with some people describing it as a third wave.
Yeah, it's on the rise here again.

We have one of the highest rates of vacation in Europe but still getting record numbers of infections (Serbia). Also, the old people over 65 are not getting Oxford vaccine, only Chinese and Russian. Those are supposedly old school, eg with small amounts of a dead virus. Im not a medical person so maybe this is too simplified but that is how I understood it.

Back
Top Bottom