What's new

Tinnitus and vaping

Larns

I woke up with tinnitus about 3 weeks ago , I have no idea why , I wasn’t exposed to loud noise . So it happened out of the blue , I noticed when I vape it makes it worse .

So I quit for 3 days and the tinnitus got quieter , so silly me I started to vape again and woke up with tinnitus being loud again .

I have done some research and some suggest that the nicotine can cause this , I smoked for many years and never had it . So it doenst make sense that nicotine would do this , unless the chemical structure of synthetic nicotine is different ? Another thing I read is PG liquid can potentially be bad for hearing damage .

I was wondering if anyone else has or had tinnitus and did they manage to find a solution for vaping , like nicotine free , or a ratio for PG/VG ? Or a particular brand ? I have been using disposable vapes .

Hi @Larns and welcome to the planet.

We are not doctors so your first port of call is your GP
ENT ear nose and throat are all connected in some way but that doesnt suggest its caused by vaping. agravated maybe.
just on the off chance have you had a covid booster jab lately?
what make of juice, what ratio vg/pg, what nicotine strength and what wattage are you using.

Interesting theory. Me and the Mrs have both suffered with it . Not sure if coincidence but thinking about it , we both have had it since quitting smoking and vaping !!!!! FFS.
Been off the cigs 8 years now and never had it before . I just put it down to old age

Hmm. I have tinnitus and I've hardly noticed it since switching to vaping so I've actually got the opposite thing happening to me.

I usually associate mine with stress, quietness and migraines. Is it a constant ringing in the background or very audible tone changes?

Probably best to see a Dr if it's a new phenomenon since loads of things cause tinnitus, I can imagine cigarettes have more chance to cause noticeable tinnitus than vaping if it's blood pressure related... If it wasn't present when you used to smoke then at a guess I'd say it isn't the vaping unless you're allergic to some of the ingredients involved, from what I gather synthetic nicotine is the same as the stuff derived from plants chemically speaking so I have my doubts it's the nicotine causing it.

I woke up with tinnitus about 3 weeks ago , I have no idea why , I wasn’t exposed to loud noise . So it happened out of the blue , I noticed when I vape it makes it worse .

So I quit for 3 days and the tinnitus got quieter , so silly me I started to vape again and woke up with tinnitus being loud again .

I have done some research and some suggest that the nicotine can cause this , I smoked for many years and never had it . So it doenst make sense that nicotine would do this , unless the chemical structure of synthetic nicotine is different ? Another thing I read is PG liquid can potentially be bad for hearing damage .

I was wondering if anyone else has or had tinnitus and did they manage to find a solution for vaping , like nicotine free , or a ratio for PG/VG ? Or a particular brand ? I have been using disposable vapes .
Hi, yeah I get tinnitus. It gets worse for when im dehydrated. Vaping if you don't keep up fluids can dehydrate some people somewhat. So personally I believe there can be a real link.
You will find out more by looking up Dehydration and Tinnitus.
Here's a link.

As said , it's very interesting to read this , I darent tell my wife or she will make me quit. Think I will just live with it haha

I definitely have it too. And yes, it is clearly related to vaping.
That tiny voice in my ears: look, what a beautiful new mod/tank, sshhhh..... take a look where your wife is and if she's not looking just buy it...
If someone would find a cure, I will appreciate a hint ;)

I got mine while I was a smoker.................I put it down to having car window open

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom